Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

are you looking for a job in air conditioning ?

are you looking for a job in air conditioning ?

Old Aug 24th 2004, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

lollykay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: are you looking for a job in air conditioning ?

Originally Posted by RichnKim
His name is Dale Brewster ring any bells ?
Not come across him - sorry
Old Aug 24th 2004, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debreeve

hi ya mate , yes long time ,
all doing great still , lots of people have asked recently if we are doing the tv,s yearly up date , prehaps i should do a post to up date all .
now going to look at my pm .
debs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hiya debs,

I reckon its time for an update from you all, sounds like you are all happy and settled, it goes a long way, eh?!

are you about to embark upon tv stardom yet again?!

Would love to hear what you've all been upto - many fancy dress parties lately?!

Best wishes,
Old Aug 25th 2004, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Location: lived in halesworth in suffolk, now on the sunny coast qld
debreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to all
Wink Re: are you looking for a job in air conditioning ?

ok here goes , as some of you wanted to know how the hell kev ended up in aircon after being in the motor trade for 30 yrs, not really that exciting, on arrival in mooloolaba/mount creek he did the rounds with his cv to local garages but most of them were owner managers, at one point we thought we would have to move nr brisbane as lots more work for him there , had been offered job b4 coming here, but we ended up lovin it here , anyway our fairy godmother and new neighbour janelle[you might of seen her on the tv prog we did] came over one day and asked kev if he would go for an interview at a friends company, well of course kev said yes thinking it was in the motor trd, then she said it was for an "aircondition instalation superviser "!!! [i think] we fell about laughing, he said to her "i know nothing about aircon, not even how to turn one on " she said andrew was desperate and the guy who was doing the job was leaving in 3 days, she'd told him all about kev, so he said ok , only really to keep her happy, off he goes at miday, [we were filming that day ] and expected him home within the hr, it was a boiling day ,the boys and i were sitting out front waiting and waiting, the director was asking us our thought about what might be happing , felt like telling him to sod off as i thought kev wouldnt want them there when he got back ,[alough he didnt mind the camras at all ] anyway 2, hrs plus later he came back with the job offer , within 10 mins of the interview was offered the job , he said to the guy hav'nt you listened to what ive been saying ,that i know nothing about the job , but he really liked kev and thought he would pick it up quickly,
he does all sorts at mo, from ordering, taking parts to the guys , helping them at times, but has now been asked to go out and sell as andrew thinks he would be good at it , he starts work at 7,am and gets home most nites at around 4, which is a lot different to what he did in uk
as you can guess we were all pretty shocked he got the job , but it was down to who we knew ,janelle was the one who also intrduced us to the guy we bought our boat from , and we have made great friends of them all .i think we have been very lucky , well thats all for now folks , i will get kev to be in touch within a few days , good luck to you all , debs xx ps -- louis our youngest son also works for him now !!
Old Aug 25th 2004, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

debreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: are you looking for a job in air conditioning ?

[
We are coming down to Kawana Island on the 15th October, we are air conditioning engineers, mhave owned my own Company with 20 staff, I know the trade inside out, all is in the commercial and industrail areas, chillers, ahu's etc, are you still looking for engineers?[/QUOTE]

crikey u could walk to work from there , be in touch soon ,and will get back to all others a,s, a, p , thanks .debs
Old Aug 25th 2004, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

paula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of light

ok here goes , as some of you wanted to know how the hell kev ended up in aircon after being in the motor trade for 30 yrs, not really that exciting, on arrival in mooloolaba/mount creek he did the rounds with his cv to local garages but most of them were owner managers, at one point we thought we would have to move nr brisbane as lots more work for him there , had been offered job b4 coming here, but we ended up lovin it here , anyway our fairy godmother and new neighbour janelle[you might of seen her on the tv prog we did] came over one day and asked kev if he would go for an interview at a friends company, well of course kev said yes thinking it was in the motor trd, then she said it was for an "aircondition instalation superviser "!!! [i think] we fell about laughing, he said to her "i know nothing about aircon, not even how to turn one on " she said andrew was desperate and the guy who was doing the job was leaving in 3 days, she'd told him all about kev, so he said ok , only really to keep her happy, off he goes at miday, [we were filming that day ] and expected him home within the hr, it was a boiling day ,the boys and i were sitting out front waiting and waiting, the director was asking us our thought about what might be happing , felt like telling him to sod off as i thought kev wouldnt want them there when he got back ,[alough he didnt mind the camras at all ] anyway 2, hrs plus later he came back with the job offer , within 10 mins of the interview was offered the job , he said to the guy hav'nt you listened to what ive been saying ,that i know nothing about the job , but he really liked kev and thought he would pick it up quickly,
he does all sorts at mo, from ordering, taking parts to the guys , helping them at times, but has now been asked to go out and sell as andrew thinks he would be good at it , he starts work at 7,am and gets home most nites at around 4, which is a lot different to what he did in uk
as you can guess we were all pretty shocked he got the job , but it was down to who we knew ,janelle was the one who also intrduced us to the guy we bought our boat from , and we have made great friends of them all .i think we have been very lucky , well thats all for now folks , i will get kev to be in touch within a few days , good luck to you all , debs xx ps -- louis our youngest son also works for him now !!

Hi Deb & Family
Just sent you a pm, how are you all, not seen you on here for awhile.
Take care
paula, Danny & family xxx
Old Aug 25th 2004, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

marson will become famous soon enoughmarson will become famous soon enough

do you want a job in air conditioning ??

hi we are on the sunny coast nr mooloolaba,
although my hubby worked in the motor trade for 30 yrs in the uk , for the last 7 months he has been working for an air con firm as a project manager [long story how it came about ] but he is happy , anyway they are looking for air con installers , sparkys , and refridgerating engeeniers , if you are on the sunny coast or will be ariving soon please get in touch ,
many thanks
kevin and debs reeve .
Ah ha ! yes, I'm looking to return to the Air-Con trade after a long time away from it, and also looking for the east coast.
Luckily the good old R.A.F. are willing to pay a whole bunch of cash for retraining in Oz.

I applied in April this year under Precision metal trade –gunsmith (poor wages, very few jobs), so maybe April/May next year I'll be there.

I want to do my resettlement training in a couple of months, to get update or local qualifications, or permits. If you know of anywhere offering a short course in Air-con, (update, refresher, or other) please let me know, I have to spend this cash on training, and I have 5 weeks free leave plus 3 weeks other leave to use on it.

I'm an Aircraft technician (weapons) by trade so it's going to be a bit different, but it's what I have in mind.

Thanks for any info you can provide,

Mike
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

hi all , sorry its taken a while to get back to you re air con jobs , the company is based in warana,about 10 mins from mooloolaba, if you r still interested get in touch with andrew at airwaves email [email protected]
good luck to all ,
debs and kevin .
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

malmac is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: are you looking for a job in air conditioning ?

Hiya Debs

Not posted to ya b'fore but saw the WHOLE series of yours on tele and was hooked absolutely completely, in fact we recorded a bit too I think, just so we got a record of things to look back at when we need some tips.
We're currently awaiting TRA, not long now I hope, and will apply for 457 then get sponsored. Applied for Gen. Mech. Engineering Tradesperson and will hopefully get in without quals. but plenty experience etc.

Just wanted to contact a star and someone I admire so much, I cried at the end of series when you were havin' the big outdoor party under the brolly near the bridge which the boys jumped off........a very emotional one that was, and I still feel for you all and want to say a big thumbs up to you, Kev and the boys. I think you are all brave as 'ell and you knew what you wanted and went out and got it....thick or thin you did it and hat's off to you!!!

Well that's it from me, I'll keep hoping ang praying and sweating that the TRA will be merciful!!
Oh about the posts, well we're hoping to go down to Mount Gambier as we have a very potential sponsor there (owner of a saw mill) but I'd love to do Aircon and earn the top bucks, a mate of mine did aircon when we lived in Zimbabwe and he loved it. I always though I'd give it a go but here in Blighty there's not much need for it except on refridgeration vehicles etc so......nevermind, one thing at a time eh!!! Many thanks anyway for the offer and opportunity which I hope some deserving soul gets!!

Keep well and love to all reading this!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 6th 2004, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by malmac
Hiya Debs

Not posted to ya b'fore but saw the WHOLE series of yours on tele and was hooked absolutely completely, in fact we recorded a bit too I think, just so we got a record of things to look back at when we need some tips.
We're currently awaiting TRA, not long now I hope, and will apply for 457 then get sponsored. Applied for Gen. Mech. Engineering Tradesperson and will hopefully get in without quals. but plenty experience etc.

Just wanted to contact a star and someone I admire so much, I cried at the end of series when you were havin' the big outdoor party under the brolly near the bridge which the boys jumped off........a very emotional one that was, and I still feel for you all and want to say a big thumbs up to you, Kev and the boys. I think you are all brave as 'ell and you knew what you wanted and went out and got it....thick or thin you did it and hat's off to you!!!

Well that's it from me, I'll keep hoping ang praying and sweating that the TRA will be merciful!!
Oh about the posts, well we're hoping to go down to Mount Gambier as we have a very potential sponsor there (owner of a saw mill) but I'd love to do Aircon and earn the top bucks, a mate of mine did aircon when we lived in Zimbabwe and he loved it. I always though I'd give it a go but here in Blighty there's not much need for it except on refridgeration vehicles etc so......nevermind, one thing at a time eh!!! Many thanks anyway for the offer and opportunity which I hope some deserving soul gets!!

Keep well and love to all reading this!!!!!!!!
hi debs here , nice to hear from u , and lots of luck with it all , such a long hard wait for everything , but well worth it in the end .
glad u enjoyed the show , think we were all pretty true to ourselves, although some have said that i seemed a bit blonde !! when i watched it i can see why , i think its all the sun .
we r all very happy ,boys have made lots of mates and r working.louis's girlfriend is here for 5 months ,will b hard when she goes back .
i still miss my friends /mum always will . mum is coming in nov for 5 weeks and is talking about spending 6 months here nxt yr and renting a place .

getting back to air con , dont think the money is that great , as u probely know wages r crap here but then the cost of living is better and lifstyle . kev did get a nice pay rise last week .
bye for now debs xx
Old Sep 6th 2004, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

malmac is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: are you looking for a job in air conditioning ?

hi debs here , nice to hear from u , and lots of luck with it all , such a long hard wait for everything , but well worth it in the end .
glad u enjoyed the show , think we were all pretty true to ourselves, although some have said that i seemed a bit blonde !! when i watched it i can see why , i think its all the sun .
we r all very happy ,boys have made lots of mates and r working.louis's girlfriend is here for 5 months ,will b hard when she goes back .
i still miss my friends /mum always will . mum is coming in nov for 5 weeks and is talking about spending 6 months here nxt yr and renting a place .

getting back to air con , dont think the money is that great , as u probely know wages r crap here but then the cost of living is better and lifstyle . kev did get a nice pay rise last week .
bye for now debs xx
Jeez thanks Debs for your kind words. Why doesn't Louis's g/friend try to move out? or is it family ties too? It's hard leaving them all behind...but really it's only a days flight away although it does not seem logical that way, if you're really missing someone and have any holidays left over from work then one cancan visit and see the rellies...(£££ permitting too). Hope your mum's ok and I know you must really miss her a lot.......but she'll be there soon and you can have a right ol' chinwag hey?

Well done to Kev on the payrise, tell him it'll do nicely to help pay for Mum's rent next year!!!LOL!

Anyway all the best and love to all, thanks for the reply.

Malcolm Macintyre
Old Sep 6th 2004, 9:25 pm
At last! We're here!!!

alison_g is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all , sorry its taken a while to get back to you re air con jobs , the company is based in warana,about 10 mins from mooloolaba, if you r still interested get in touch with andrew at airwaves email [email protected]
good luck to all ,
debs and kevin .
undefinedHi Debs
Alison here, thanks for getting back to Kev (mine!) I am sure he will now email Andrew with his cv. We've got PSS coming in a couple of weeks to pack us up, then should be on our way soon after that.
Any info on the rentals would help if you could pm me.
Good to hear your Mum will be out for a visit soon.... are you missing anything in particular, if so, could bring it out for you!
Bye for now
Alison & Kevin