Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

You know you're in Australia when ...

You know you're in Australia when ...

Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:49 am
F.U.B.A.R

Homer will become famous soon enoughHomer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: You know you're in Australia when ...

42. You get a ticket for parking facing the wrong way in a street
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:53 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

43....you're driving on a main road and on-coming traffic [with a give way line in front of them] cuts you up. AND the driver then waves his angry fist at YOU for driving by the law of the land
Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:20 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

44 - you dry your dry clothes for 10 mins on hot after removing them from the outside line to kills any ticks dropping from overhead hanging branches - as recommended by Pittwater Council.

45 - you check your dog every evening with a fully body check for ticks, as the buggers can kill them
Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:25 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Homer
42. You get a ticket for parking facing the wrong way in a street
I got one of these in Bexhill, so it's not just Australia
Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:42 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

46. You drop a crumb & there are 3 million ants waiting on it before it hits the ground.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:48 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

47. In spring you have to walk around with an ice cream container with eyes painted on it just to stop the birds from dive bombing you....(not that I have ever done it but they recommend it as a way to stop Magpies from attacking you)
Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:51 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bordy
46. You drop a crumb & there are 3 million ants waiting on it before it hits the ground.
46. (b) You have to plead with your dog to finish his goddam dinner or there will be a million ants on it by morning.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

fantastic thread - thanks guys. Was feeling a bit overwhelmed because we leave in 4 days. This cheered me up. I am a bit worried that I am now underqualified to own a dog!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 6:33 am
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

You are driving in your car and thinking, how the hell did some of these buggers gain their driving licences!!!...
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deba34
You are driving in your car and thinking, how the hell did some of these buggers gain their driving licences!!!...
That's another one that works for the UK as well
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:42 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

48...you get pished cos you've got 48 beers to get through rather than the 6 pack you got for the weekend in UK

49....you can find a seat on a clean train without havin to smell armpits or someones greasy hair
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

47. Your little Emily Charlotte and Wills are now Emmo, Chaz and Wazza.

48. Your husband starts expecting you you to fetch his beer.

49. Your holday home is canvas.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Aussie_Pride will become famous soon enough

When you eat out you are not alone (Seagulls mine! mine! for all of those that have seen finding nemo LOL)
Old Oct 19th 2005, 9:50 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diddy
30....you no longer give way to anyone when driving or thank anyone that gives way to you.

I'd just like to say that as a truck driver I thank anyone that lets me in. I have also seen many other truckies do this. Occasionally you come across the odd truckie that doesn't, but, I guess this could be due to the truckie is new to the industry and hasn't yet grasped the truckie code of ethics or the truckie is an ass.......
Old Oct 19th 2005, 9:56 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

50 you know denmark has a royal family

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.