Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

you guys are so brave!

you guys are so brave!

Old Jun 13th 2006, 4:27 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default you guys are so brave!

dont quite know why I'm even posting this thread (maybe the 2 rum punches at lunch) but ....

heres to all you brits taking the plunge and going for Oz. I live somewhere where we can fairly quickly (8 hours) and very affordably nip back to the UK whenever we want and have frequent visitors. Emigrating here was exciting but not too scarey..

Going to Oz with the determination to give yourselves and your children the best out of life you can get - with the downside of it being SO far away and not being able to fly to and from family and friends...

I admire you all, well done, good luck to all those embarking on whatever stage of the journey and make it worth all the effort you put in!

the worst thing is that you've fought hard to get your visa, hard to appease the family, nightmare selling the house and getting it shipped when you arrive in Oz.... and hope to just take it easy ..... but thats just the beginning, now you've got to make your life, and thats the hardest part!
Old Jun 13th 2006, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: you guys are so brave!

Originally Posted by islandmom
dont quite know why I'm even posting this thread (maybe the 2 rum punches at lunch) but ....

heres to all you brits taking the plunge and going for Oz. I live somewhere where we can fairly quickly (8 hours) and very affordably nip back to the UK whenever we want and have frequent visitors. Emigrating here was exciting but not too scarey..

Going to Oz with the determination to give yourselves and your children the best out of life you can get - with the downside of it being SO far away and not being able to fly to and from family and friends...

I admire you all, well done, good luck to all those embarking on whatever stage of the journey and make it worth all the effort you put in!

the worst thing is that you've fought hard to get your visa, hard to appease the family, nightmare selling the house and getting it shipped when you arrive in Oz.... and hope to just take it easy ..... but thats just the beginning, now you've got to make your life, and thats the hardest part!

I'll drink to that
Old Jun 13th 2006, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Brave or Mad, it's a thin line. I guess we will find out exactly what next week!
Old Jun 13th 2006, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that, it is hard but as you say it's the determination to get there and to give our children the best we can that keeps us going.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 5:40 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for those sentiments.............not so sure about brave though

Could I have one of those rum punches please ?

Last edited by sme; Jun 13th 2006 at 5:51 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 9:27 pm
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Brave or Mad, it's a thin line. I guess we will find out exactly what next week!
Brave, mad and SMART. This move will be good for me and my daughter. England has had it as far as Im concerned.

Yours truly,

'Negative' of Preston.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 9:28 pm
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sme
Thanks for those sentiments.............not so sure about brave though

Could I have one of those rum punches please ?
Well mines Red Wine and I cant wait to sample the real thing that hasnt had to travel 14 billion miles!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 6:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

What a nice post

Really made me think.

Have a nice day

Gill
Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Jez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of lightJez & Lorraine is a glorious beacon of light

the brave ones are the ones staying in the u.k !!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jez & Lorraine
the brave ones are the ones staying in the u.k !!
I definitely agree with this!!

I am getting so fed up of people asking me why I'm going - like DUH!! The question really should be turned around to them - why are you not going?!!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

martinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sparkley23
I definitely agree with this!!

I am getting so fed up of people asking me why I'm going - like DUH!! The question really should be turned around to them - why are you not going?!!
I wouldn't say that to too many people. Just think, if everybody from the UK decided to go, all the problems with the UK that you are trying to get away from will follow you.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by martinw01908
I wouldn't say that to too many people. Just think, if everybody from the UK decided to go, all the problems with the UK that you are trying to get away from will follow you.
Very true :scared: