Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

are you flying oct/nov time ?

are you flying oct/nov time ?

Old Jul 25th 2006, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Location: lived in halesworth in suffolk, now on the sunny coast qld
debreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to all
Default are you flying oct/nov time ?

hi
my mum is looking into coming again in Oct/Nov time got a quote from Singapore air for almost 850 pounds which i thought expensive is this about right now ?
she did want an open ticket so she could please her self when to leave ,plus she would have a massive 7 hr wait in Singapore . did get cheaper quote for a set date return ,
anyone had a better price with decent airline ,
we have flown with Korean before [last min flight so all we could get ] wont again .
then royal Brunei & Singapore .
thanks in advance .
debs x
Old Jul 25th 2006, 10:02 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: are you flying oct/nov time ?

Originally Posted by debreeve
hi
my mum is looking into coming again in Oct/Nov time got a quote from Singapore air for almost 850 pounds which i thought expensive is this about right now ?
she did want an open ticket so she could please her self when to leave ,plus she would have a massive 7 hr wait in Singapore . did get cheaper quote for a set date return ,
we have flown with Korean before [last min flight so all we could get ] wont again .
thanks in advance .
debs x
Hi Debs,
Long time no see, hope you and Kev are fit and well.
Flight wise that does sound expensive how about looking at travelbag.com or similar?
Old Jul 27th 2006, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

debreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cresta57
Hi Debs,
Long time no see, hope you and Kev are fit and well.
Flight wise that does sound expensive how about looking at travelbag.com or similar?
hi u guys , thanks will have a look . never thought mum would come back , anyway hats off to her for giving it another go .

Kev loving it & still in the air con business [sales mostly ] Louis still works with him although its a bit slow at mo .
nick still doing cabinet making , he has mate here from UK & is looking for work ,

we have been thinking of moving as would like acreage but not found anything i like . then i change my mind .

Kev also has his boat for sale as want to get a bit bigger one now ,

i thought i was so settled the first 18 months but a few things happened earlier this yr & i find myself wondering if i made the right move after all , but guess i wouldn't go back as rest of family love it .
my god we have been here nr 3 yrs now , boys keep saying i should go back to visit & get it out of my system , i have some good mates here who have really been there for me these last few months & who i trust 100% .

and dont faint but i did have a job for 6 weeks in a little cafe/bakery but it closed through lack of business & they went back to UK !!! so now i find myself with no confidence again .

maybe i should of took that job at the local brothel !!!

thank god the TV guys from "get a new life" didnt come back , it would be re named "get a life deb " lol .

bet you wish you never asked now lol .

i read some recent posts of yours so congrats on grandchild . & hope u enjoying new house ,

anyway hope you all ok
luv debs & co xx
Old Jul 27th 2006, 3:05 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

hi
thanks in advance .
debs x

hi deb,
we have a friend who is coming over at the end of november and she paid 690 pounds with Emirates, she booked online thorugh their website i think.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 3:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

and dont faint but i did have a job for 6 weeks in a little cafe/bakery but it closed through lack of business & they went back to UK !!! so now i find myself with no confidence again .

luv debs & co xx
Was that the guy who was on here, bakery in a new development? Knew they had packed in the business but didn't realise they had gone back
Old Jul 27th 2006, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
hi deb,
we have a friend who is coming over at the end of november and she paid 690 pounds with Emirates, she booked online thorugh their website i think.
thanks very much for that , it seems a better price will tell mum .
Old Jul 27th 2006, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Was that the guy who was on here, bakery in a new development? Knew they had packed in the business but didn't realise they had gone back
yep you have hit the nail on the head !!!!
such a bloody shame , nice family , apparently they were here couple yrs ago in naragba & went back after few months then .

it was hard for them as being in new place & paying us 2 girls , i hear its been taken over now , plus a vid shop open , dont know how it is doing .

& i hope they have once again settled in UK .

hey so much for my enquiry into flights . but good to chat .
xx debs x
Old Jul 27th 2006, 10:53 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

yep you have hit the nail on the head !!!!
such a bloody shame , nice family , apparently they were here couple yrs ago in naragba & went back after few months then .

it was hard for them as being in new place & paying us 2 girls , i hear its been taken over now , plus a vid shop open , dont know how it is doing .

& i hope they have once again settled in UK .

hey so much for my enquiry into flights . but good to chat .
xx debs x
Hey Debs,
Heard on the radio ages ago that the Maccas was closing where the bakery was nothing in the paper but Zinc FM reported it all day. Was it true?
What sort of boat is Kev looking for, thought the Haines would have kept him happy for a while yet ?

Last edited by cresta57; Jul 27th 2006 at 10:56 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cresta57
Hey Debs,
Heard on the radio ages ago that the Maccas was closing where the bakery was nothing in the paper but Zinc FM reported it all day. Was it true?
What sort of boat is Kev looking for, thought the Haines would have kept him happy for a while yet ?
THINK MACCA STILL OPEN BUT NEVER GO THAT WAY .

HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT THE QUINTREX 570 [I THINK ] NOTHING TO BIG , BUT THE ONES WHERE THE BIT AT FRONT IS OPEN & HAS A SEATING AREA SO US GIRLS CAN SIT & DRINK OUR WINE & THE BLOKES DOWN BACK END FISHING & TALKING CRAP !! WHILST DRINKING THEIR BEER .

I THINK THEY ARE UGLY & I SAW ONE THAT I FANCIED WHICH WAS BIT CHEAPER BUT KEV SAID NOT SUITABLE FOR FISHING JUST POSING ,LOL .
TAKE CARE XX DEBS XX