Reload this Page >

Yorkshire to Curra

Yorkshire to Curra

Old Nov 5th 2019, 9:26 am
Just Joined

Yorkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Yorkshire to Curra

Hi πŸ‘‹

West Yorkshire lass. Just moved to 3 acres bush block Curra. Live with bear and Meredith. And hoping to get a few crazy chooks. And a billy

lets catch up

up I miss our awesome humour
Old Nov 5th 2019, 10:34 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yorkshire to Curra

Originally Posted by Yorkey
Hi πŸ‘‹

West Yorkshire lass. Just moved to 3 acres bush block Curra. Live with bear and Meredith. And hoping to get a few crazy chooks. And a billy

lets catch up

Hi Yorkey, nice to meet you I'm guessing that Meredith is your daughter, but who is bear? For some reason I'm imagining a big brown bear in your backyard Chooks are a great idea, there's nothing like fresh eggs.

What's taken a Yorkshire lass to live in Curra? It's a huge change for you!
Old Nov 5th 2019, 11:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi πŸ‘‹

lets catch up

Curra as in near Gympie? Give Cresta57 a yell..........
Old Nov 5th 2019, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your response
Do you have a connection to Curra

Old Nov 5th 2019, 7:15 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your response
Do you have a connection to Curra
Only in knowing someone who lives up that way.
Old Nov 5th 2019, 9:24 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Curra is O.K We've been here about 16 years. You're not married to a Welshman are you?
Old Nov 7th 2019, 5:23 am
Just Joined

Hi πŸ‘‹

no iam I am not married πŸ˜€ Bear is my Irish wolfhound
and meredith is my cat.

Lovely to to meet you

i always love to chat. To expats. We have a great sense of humour. I miss that

πŸ€“πŸŒ»
Old Nov 7th 2019, 7:26 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hi πŸ‘‹

and meredith is my cat.

Lovely to to meet you

πŸ€“πŸŒ»
Oops, sorry for thinking that Meredith is your daughter, and I'm glad that Bear is a dog, not a bear

A few hints for getting the most out of British Expats.
For anything to do with moving to Australia, or questions/musings about living in Australia, then this is the right place.
For subjects that are more just general chit chat, the Barbie is the place to be to talk with others living in Australia.

For discussions that are not really specific to one country, the Lounge is a good place to go https://britishexpats.com/forum/lounge-7/

Give me a yell if you need a hand with navigating around the British Expats site, it's a huge place.
Old Nov 7th 2019, 8:23 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi πŸ‘‹

and meredith is my cat.

Lovely to to meet you

πŸ€“πŸŒ»
There's a few of us about the area. Pop over to the country club or the community hall behind it and you'll find an art group, a gardening /green thumbs group, bush poets, musicians, kayakers, campers, tai chi and games. Ask anyone at the club and they'll know Deb or Myself. The barman at the club is a pom & there's a couple of east yorkshire folk come in occasionally, if you can understand Hully Gully speak you'll be able to translate as a westie.
Good luck in the move and welcome to the forum.
Old Nov 7th 2019, 8:51 am
Just Joined

πŸ˜ŠπŸ™πŸ˜Š

Thanks heaps.
Old Nov 7th 2019, 9:03 am
Just Joined

I am having difficulty navigating

i am am not sure.

A bit confusing. I had message in my inbox. But. When I clicked. No message.

I live alone. A bit of reclusive.

I would like like to connect

but. Too many battle scars for me

but thanks heaps 😊😊
Old Nov 7th 2019, 10:35 am
Concierge

i am am not sure.

but thanks heaps οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½

You'll have to forgive me if I'm being obtuse, but is it just joining the BE community and beginning or joining in discussions of interest to you that you're looking for? Because if it's that, you just either start a thread in the relevant sub-forum (eg Barbie, the Lounge, the Australia main page etc) or click 'Quote' on a post you want to reply to and add your comment. However, if it's more personal, one to one contact you're talking about, then you don't need to worry because that's not what BE's about.

British Expats is just a public forum for expatriates from all over the world to ask questions about a country they're thinking of living in or are already live in, and to give information to people who ask these questions. These questions can range from visas and immigration, to schooling for kids, weather, cost of living etc etc. There are also other sub-forums where people talk about subjects of particular interest to them - politics, cats, price of groceries and every other subject under the sun. All the threads are public, and anyone who's a member of BE can start their own threads and post on existing threads. Think of it as a huge group of people having multiple discussions all over the world.

There's no reason to provide any identifying information about yourself, in fact all posters are encouraged not to do this and in most cases personal information such as addresses etc are deleted by the site moderators. Further information on the specifics of how the site is run can be found in the site rules here https://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

Although you certainly don't need to follow any of Cresta's kind and helpful suggestions for you to get out and about to meet people, they're worth keeping in mind if you feel up to doing so in the future. Cresta has been a wonderful and respected member of British Expats for almost 20 years, any advice from him is gold.

If you don't wish to receive messages in your inbox you can disable this function in your Settings.

Hope that helps a bit.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Nov 7th 2019 at 10:46 am.
Old Nov 7th 2019, 11:45 am
Home and Happy

i am am not sure.

but thanks heaps 😊😊
Just to let you know that I've known Sean(Cresta57) and Deb for several years and they are great company. I'd take him up on that offer to pop into the club
Old Nov 9th 2019, 2:35 am
Just Joined

Hi guys

Thanks heaps.
I think it’s just about connecting to β€œThe Familiar”

i am a writer.

If that explains much 😊
Old Nov 9th 2019, 2:37 am
Just Joined

Sorry.

Oops. Iam very boring. I don’t drink.

But it my sister does. When she comes from uk

😊😊

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.