York

Old May 20th 2005, 11:13 am
Just Joined

daveleegreen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default York

We have been granted our Visas and plan to be in Aus by the end of the year, if the house sells. Have people found the York show benificial? 0r is it prodomently agents adverising their services. We are in Warrington so its only a £25 train trip (Its only me that will be going) but still dont want to waste the day.
Old May 20th 2005, 1:31 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: York

Originally Posted by daveleegreen
We have been granted our Visas and plan to be in Aus by the end of the year, if the house sells. Have people found the York show benificial? 0r is it prodomently agents adverising their services. We are in Warrington so its only a £25 train trip (Its only me that will be going) but still dont want to waste the day.
I don't know about York but the Sandown one is supposed to be larger and I have been twice to that one. There are pet carriers, shippers, settlement agencies etc but if you know who to contact for quotes there is no real need in my opinion. We only went last time for the "social" afterwards.
Old May 20th 2005, 2:05 pm
Banned

Hunkyhenry will become famous soon enough

Have one on me
Old May 20th 2005, 2:44 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by worzel
I don't know about York but the Sandown one is supposed to be larger and I have been twice to that one. There are pet carriers, shippers, settlement agencies etc but if you know who to contact for quotes there is no real need in my opinion. We only went last time for the "social" afterwards.
not sure if ive asked you this before matey but is there usually another show at sandown in the autumn??

ta

j
Old May 20th 2005, 2:55 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daveleegreen
If you've got your visas York will be a waste of time for you, we went 3 yrs ago before we came out and it's mainly migration agents and shippers touting for your business. You can read the threads on here for shippers and you don't need the agents advice so why bother? Save yourself £50 quid and spend it on something worthwhile when you get here.
Old May 20th 2005, 2:55 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
not sure if ive asked you this before matey but is there usually another show at sandown in the autumn??

ta

j
Yes but it is (slightly) smaller. Or are you only asking from a meet point of view? Scary to think we may not be here by then :scared:
Old May 20th 2005, 3:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by worzel
Yes but it is (slightly) smaller. Or are you only asking from a meet point of view? Scary to think we may not be here by then :scared:

Blimey!!!! that does seem weird!! bit of both really - im hoping we will have progressed to at least waiting for visas by then and so maybe shipping and pet carriers will be of some interest. HOWEVER will not be staying at monkey puzzle as i havent eaten such shi** in my life!!!! BARF
Old May 22nd 2005, 5:47 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Well we have been today & it was okay..... we spoke to all the shipping companies and got some really good info, as well as some agents too.

Jonah got a free beany teddy from the nice man at Allied Pickfords too!

Claire
x
Old May 22nd 2005, 6:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Well we have been today & it was okay..... we spoke to all the shipping companies and got some really good info, as well as some agents too.

Claire
x

our girls got 2 freebie books about moving abroad!! and i scrounged a calculator and gerard spent all day at sandown pinching pens and sweeties. oh not to mention swigging the free sangria (or whatever crap it was!!)
Old May 22nd 2005, 7:47 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

our girls got 2 freebie books about moving abroad!! and i scrounged a calculator and gerard spent all day at sandown pinching pens and sweeties. oh not to mention swigging the free sangria (or whatever crap it was!!)
yes but thats because you are a bludging lush! LOL

Last edited by Jonahs_mummy; May 22nd 2005 at 7:50 pm.
Old May 22nd 2005, 8:02 pm
Account Closed

yes but thats because you are a bludging lush! LOL

you bet your ass i am mate!!!! wasnt going to go all that way and come back empty handed!!
Old May 23rd 2005, 4:02 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

you bet your ass i am mate!!!! wasnt going to go all that way and come back empty handed!!
We did the same at Earls Court last year! LOL
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:58 am
Account Closed

We did the same at Earls Court last year! LOL

did i mention the fridge magnets!!!!???
Old May 23rd 2005, 7:30 am
Legal immigrant

Lee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond repute

Claire
x

Glad to see you got the teddy

Jon
Old May 23rd 2005, 11:39 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

did i mention the fridge magnets!!!!???
Awwww thats not fair! We didn'ty get any fridge magnets, although in one of the goody bags from yesterday I did find a mobile phone deckchair & a flower thing that each petal turns into a different coloured highlighter! LOL