Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Yes passport is lost!

Yes passport is lost!

Old Aug 16th 2003, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Yes passport is lost!

I have spent 5 days searching our rather rambling house for my missing passport and have decided to call it quits and order a replacement. I don't think it is in the house, maybe it has gone in the bin by mistake or someone has nicked it ( I have a suspect slightly dodgy Bulgarian lady who cleans our house, maybe she has sold it for 200 quid)

Anyway I am sick of worrying and spending time looking for it in the same old places. Believe me I have looked virtually everywhere-twice.

I have filled in for a replacement one online and now have to go through all the palava of applying for a new one, then trying to get a replacement visa stuck in it. I am going to contact Australia House and tell them it has been lost/stolen. Hopefully it won't be too much hassle.

The only good thing is my passport only had 2 years left on it. At least I will get a new one with the full ten years. I won't have to carry the visa around in the old passport as well.

Thanks for all of your support

A slightly saner Tina

:scared: :scared:
Old Aug 16th 2003, 8:51 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tina,

good job you're not flying very soon isnt it?....hope your replacement arrives soon and that you get another visa sticker in the new one..then hang it round your neck!!!!!
Old Aug 16th 2003, 9:00 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you get a new one quickly and safely Tina, Just don't find such a safe place to put it as the last one!
Old Aug 16th 2003, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering if you had taken any photocopies of the visa? I know that might sound silly but we always have copies of our passport plus residency visas so if such a thing happens to us we are prepared to provide proof.
Old Aug 16th 2003, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough

This post has just jogged my memory of something I considered a few weeks back.
I seem to remember on one of the letters I recieved from DIMIA that you should inform them of any change of address. I assumed they just meant during the visa application process. They wouldn't have also meant until such time as I emigrate would they?
I had my visa issued last November and validated it earlier this year, but still living in the UK. I also moved house earlier this year within the UK and wonder if there could be any possible scenario where DIMIA would need to know my new address. Such as losing my passport with inserted visa, am I being paranoid?
Just wouldnt want to run into difficulties in the future just for the sake of a letter or phone call.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 12:02 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by migrantoz
I had my visa issued last November and validated it earlier this year, but still living in the UK. I also moved house earlier this year within the UK and wonder if there could be any possible scenario where DIMIA would need to know my new address.
Your obligation to inform DIMIA of any changes (including change of address) stopped when you validated your visa.

Anything that happened before your validation needed to be related to DIMIA, anything after validation is none of their business, unless it's an incorrect answer.

Peter
Old Aug 17th 2003, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Vicky88
Just wondering if you had taken any photocopies of the visa? I know that might sound silly but we always have copies of our passport plus residency visas so if such a thing happens to us we are prepared to provide proof.

Luckily I have found a couple of photocopies of the passport that I had taken when I had to send copies off for the visa. This has saved me more hassle as I didn't know my passport no. or issue date etc. Also I have been able to use it as proof so I can open a HSBC account ( a banker friend of mine is certifying them and doesn't want the originals)

I think I will take a copy of the new one and keep it somewhere safe, just in case!
Old Aug 17th 2003, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yes passport is lost!

Originally posted by tinaj
I have a suspect slightly dodgy Bulgarian lady who cleans our house, maybe she has sold it for 200 quid
Very rarely does one sentence say so much about someone's personality. Well done and do make sure that you leave Britain as soon as you can.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 5:22 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Wilf
Very rarely does one sentence say so much about someone's personality. Well done and do make sure that you leave Britain as soon as you can.
Wilfo, maybe there is good reason to suspect the Bulgarian cleaner. Bulgarians are inherently dodgy and any Bulgarian wielding an umbrella should be avoided. 200 quid? More like 3000 quid in some parts of Europe. Maybe the only other person likely to steal the passport was Tina's mum?
Old Aug 17th 2003, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

I too would be very wary of your cleaning lady. I would also make this known to tha appropriate authorities when asking for a new passport. Infact, if you know that the passports were in your home somewhere, I would inform the Police asap. It could cause you proplems at a later date.

Whisky
Old Aug 17th 2003, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

Originally posted by whisky
I too would be very wary of your cleaning lady. I would also make this known to tha appropriate authorities when asking for a new passport. Infact, if you know that the passports were in your home somewhere, I would inform the Police asap. It could cause you proplems at a later date.

Whisky

so you know tina's cleaning lady or it is because your a racist pig too?

cheers

richard
Old Aug 17th 2003, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by r.bartlett
so you know tina's cleaning lady or it is because your a racist pig too?

cheers

richard

Have you now replaced PB for abusive remarks. A reply is quite sufficient thanks!!

If the passports were to be known in the house, as the children had originally been seen with them, and Tinaj had put them somewhere, but cannot be found, then if someone has been in the house other than yourselves, be it cleaner, workman, gasman, electrician, it needs to be reported especially as they are stamped with visas.
I am not saying, 'Go to the Police station and report your cleaning lady'. I AM SAYING THAT IT NEEDS TO BE REPORTED.
If these passports get into the wrong hands, it could cause a lot of problems for Tinaj.

I'm not bothered what nationality anyone is. The fact of the matter is the passports have mysteriously disapeared.

Whisky
Old Aug 17th 2003, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

i think you need to re-read your original post

in that you state 'you would be wary of her cleaning lady' -why?

you also go on to state she should report it (the fact she is a cleaning lady and from bulgaria) to the 'appropiate authorities' indeed call the police....

if the children had 'been seen with them' them the obvious candidates are them not the cleaning lady

(unless she's bulgarian and therefore 'dodgy' -which begs the questions a, if she was dodgy why she employ her ? or b, even continue to employ her??)

i reckon we can all hazzard a guess on that one..

if she happens to be dodgy why mention her nationality unless it was to help us think 'she must have done it she's a foreigner' ?

you did fall into the trap set by tina and must therefore look to yourself as to why....

cheers

richard
Old Aug 17th 2003, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

porkchop is an unknown quantity at this point

Tinaj,
Regardless of others derogatory remarks and opinions on being a racist. You should report any suspicion that you have to the passport agency.
If your passport does happen to get in to the wrong hands this could cause you a lot of problems in the future.

PC
Old Aug 17th 2003, 8:17 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by tinaj
I have spent 5 days searching our rather rambling house for my missing passport and have decided to call it quits and order a replacement. I don't think it is in the house, maybe it has gone in the bin by mistake or someone has nicked it ( I have a suspect slightly dodgy Bulgarian lady who cleans our house, maybe she has sold it for 200 quid)

Anyway I am sick of worrying and spending time looking for it in the same old places. Believe me I have looked virtually everywhere-twice.

I have filled in for a replacement one online and now have to go through all the palava of applying for a new one, then trying to get a replacement visa stuck in it. I am going to contact Australia House and tell them it has been lost/stolen. Hopefully it won't be too much hassle.

The only good thing is my passport only had 2 years left on it. At least I will get a new one with the full ten years. I won't have to carry the visa around in the old passport as well.

Thanks for all of your support

A slightly saner Tina

:scared: :scared:

Always blame the butler/cleaner. It works for Agatha Cristie.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.