Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Yes passport is lost!

Wikiposts

Yes passport is lost!

Old Aug 17th 2003, 9:00 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: Yes passport is lost!

Originally posted by Wilf
Very rarely does one sentence say so much about someone's personality. Well done and do make sure that you leave Britain as soon as you can.
No rarity at all here Wilfo. Nearly all your posts are testament to that.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I can't believe I am being accused of being a racist because I suspect someone who is from another country. How politically correct should we get here. A flippant meaning remark is taken this strongly?!

Thanks everyone else for your advice. I have reported it as stolen. I obviously don't know that she has taken it, she could have thrown it away. But it is no longer in the house or in the children's possesion.

I have tried to email Aussie House in London to inform them but I couldn't find a contact number or email address. I will have to ring directories tomorrow first thing. I hope there isn't a problem issuing my visa again.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 10:03 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by tinaj
I can't believe I am being accused of being a racist because I suspect someone who is from another country. How politically correct should we get here. A flippant meaning remark is taken this strongly?!

Thanks everyone else for your advice. I have reported it as stolen. I obviously don't know that she has taken it, she could have thrown it away. But it is no longer in the house or in the children's possesion.

I have tried to email Aussie House in London to inform them but I couldn't find a contact number or email address. I will have to ring directories tomorrow first thing. I hope there isn't a problem issuing my visa again.
Just to be clear, my post (regarding A.Christie) in no way points to you being racist, I don't know about any of the other posts.
I would have suspected the cleaner in your position.(that is what I meant).

I hope you did'nt think my comment was a slur on you, did you?
Old Aug 17th 2003, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by chippy
Just to be clear, my post (regarding A.Christie) in no way points to you being racist, I don't know about any of the other posts.
I would have suspected the cleaner in your position.(that is what I meant).

I hope you did'nt think my comment was a slur on you, did you?
Sorry I didn't mean you Chippy, had a laugh at the Agatha Christie comment as well.

I must bow to the almighty wrath of Wilf again
Old Aug 17th 2003, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tinaj
I have a suspect slightly dodgy Bulgarian lady who cleans our house, maybe she has sold it for 200 quid
What I meant was that in one sentence you told me that you are rich enough to have a cleaner and that you are someone who would want one. You also told me that you would rather suspect your cleaner than your kids, even though you left it lying about and saw your kids mucking about with it. You also chose to include the fact that she was Bulgarian. I think that, for you, it is a damning fact that she is Bulgarian. Bulgarians can steal, yes, and so can poms, even rich ones like you, and so to choose to include the "Bulgarian" is showing that you feel it is relevant and adds to the "evidence" that she is guilty. You did not, for example, tell me how tall she is or how old she is. You then also said that not only had she stolen it, in your opinion, but that she had maybe sold it for 200 quid, so now not only is she a thief after a passport, she is making money from it too.

However, this is not the main thing for me. I do not care if you are a racist or not - that is for you to cope with. For me, the main thing is that without any proof, you chose to slag off this cleaner of yours on a public forum. It is true that many people are anonymous here, but you would like to be labelled a thief by someone you know on a public internet page for anyone to see, even if you are not actually named? No you would not. It is a good thing that she is just a Bulgarian cleaner, otherwise she may have some human feelings like you, eh, and not like being labelled a thief here either.

One day, I will go back to England, and when I do, I would rather find it full of Bulgarian cleaning ladies than "decent" people like your good self, so that is why I said "do leave Britain", in case you were wondering.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 5:42 pm
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by Wilf
What I meant was that in one sentence you told me that you are rich enough to have a cleaner and that you are someone who would want one. You also told me that you would rather suspect your cleaner than your kids, even though you left it lying about and saw your kids mucking about with it. You also chose to include the fact that she was Bulgarian. I think that, for you, it is a damning fact that she is Bulgarian. Bulgarians can steal, yes, and so can poms, even rich ones like you, and so to choose to include the "Bulgarian" is showing that you feel it is relevant and adds to the "evidence" that she is guilty. You did not, for example, tell me how tall she is or how old she is. You then also said that not only had she stolen it, in your opinion, but that she had maybe sold it for 200 quid, so now not only is she a thief after a passport, she is making money from it too.

However, this is not the main thing for me. I do not care if you are a racist or not - that is for you to cope with. For me, the main thing is that without any proof, you chose to slag off this cleaner of yours on a public forum. It is true that many people are anonymous here, but you would like to be labelled a thief by someone you know on a public internet page for anyone to see, even if you are not actually named? No you would not. It is a good thing that she is just a Bulgarian cleaner, otherwise she may have some human feelings like you, eh, and not like being labelled a thief here either.

One day, I will go back to England, and when I do, I would rather find it full of Bulgarian cleaning ladies than "decent" people like your good self, so that is why I said "do leave Britain", in case you were wondering.
You've surprised me here Wilfo. Although I'm not necessarily saying I agree with you on this, you've taken a position and presented it with eloquence and reasoning which is the basis of any persuasive argument. Perhaps you are not as dim as I thought you were.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

porkchop is an unknown quantity at this point

You've surprised me here Wilfo. Although I'm not necessarily saying I agree with you on this, you've taken a position and presented it with eloquence and reasoning which is the basis of any persuasive argument. Perhaps you are not as dim as I thought you were.

Chippy,
You are very quick to judge.
Wait and see how long it takes for another dose of 'eloquence and reasoning'

PC
Old Aug 17th 2003, 6:23 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
Old Aug 17th 2003, 6:27 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Megalania
How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
Ah! The old
"Quantum Gravity Treatment of the Angel Density Problem"!

Last edited by Florida_03; Aug 17th 2003 at 6:31 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 6:40 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Florida_03
Ah! The old
"Quantum Gravity Treatment of the Angel Density Problem"!
"8.6766*10E49 angels",
"1050 angels",
"4.2089*10E14 angels"!

Now how many dance if you are not watching?
Old Aug 17th 2003, 6:45 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

"8.6766*10E49 angels",
"1050 angels",
"4.2089*10E14 angels"!

I'm just happy they dance.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

What I meant was that in one sentence you told me that you are rich enough to have a cleaner and that you are someone who would want one. (quote)

You do not have to be rich to have a cleaner - what a joke! I am trying to sell my house and need it to be presented clean and tidy. What is wrong with employing someone as a cleaner, are you against people cleaning for money? You had better not judge so quickly next time before you sit on the loo at the shopping centre then.

You also told me that you would rather suspect your cleaner than your kids, even though you left it lying about and saw your kids mucking about with it. (quote)

I didn't say that I suspect her over my kids. I have ruled my children taking it out since I have looked in every available place that they would put it and not found it. I also remember putting it out of their reach, after they had it.

You also chose to include the fact that she was Bulgarian. I think that, for you, it is a damning fact that she is Bulgarian. Bulgarians can steal, yes, and so can poms, even rich ones like you, and so to choose to include the "Bulgarian" is showing that you feel it is relevant and adds to the "evidence" that she is guilty. You did not, for example, tell me how tall she is or how old she is. You then also said that not only had she stolen it, in your opinion, but that she had maybe sold it for 200 quid, so now not only is she a thief after a passport, she is making money from it too.(quote)

Why shouldn't I include that she is Bulgarian. If she had been English I would still suspect her as much as it can't just dissapear into thin air. You should stop being so niave, people from all over buy and sell important documents such as passports. You are living in a dreamworld if you don't think this happens.

However, this is not the main thing for me. I do not care if you are a racist or not - that is for you to cope with. For me, the main thing is that without any proof, you chose to slag off this cleaner of yours on a public forum. It is true that many people are anonymous here, but you would like to be labelled a thief by someone you know on a public internet page for anyone to see, even if you are not actually named? No you would not. (quote)

How have I publically slagged her off when I haven't mentioned a single detail about her? You are the one publically slagging me off

It is a good thing that she is just a Bulgarian cleaner, otherwise she may have some human feelings like you, eh, and not like being labelled a thief here either. (quote)

Your words not mine- I think you have dug yourself a hole here!

One day, I will go back to England, and when I do, I would rather find it full of Bulgarian cleaning ladies than "decent" people like your good self, so that is why I said "do leave Britain", in case you were wondering. [/QUOTE]

Yes but how are they going to exist if bigots like you are against people employing them to clean for a living!!

Let me re-cap the scenario for you.

5 of us live in the house, none of us have seen the passport since it was put 'somewhere safe' . 2 of us have searched for 5 days, pulling out everything in every cupboard etc to no avail. Someone you have only known for a few weeks has free access to your home. Your passport dissapears- where do you think it might have gone??

What conclusion would most people come to, be the cleaner Bulgarian, English, or Eskimo. She is a stranger and I am therefore more likely to suspect her - I don't really know her from Adam.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 10:15 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

My god! look what happened from a simple "passport is lost" thread! I hope that you get your new one sorted soon Tina. And yes, i think the loss of the other one should be reported for all the logical reasons. And no, i'm not racist either
Old Aug 18th 2003, 6:20 am
I'm lovin' it

"8.6766*10E49 angels",
"1050 angels",
"4.2089*10E14 angels"!

Too much Salvia Divinorum eh Mega. Florida has already answered your question, so my turn now.

Something more relevant I think...Do you think Port Arthur was set up by the CIA?
Old Aug 18th 2003, 9:39 am
Banned

Too much Salvia Divinorum eh Mega. Florida has already answered your question, so my turn now.

Something more relevant I think...Do you think Port Arthur was set up by the CIA?
Salvia Divinorum? Missed that one. Will it help me kick me other habits?

CIA & Port Arthur? Well, its a long story and some of it still classified but it all started in 1492 when a Salvadorian butterfly, whos name remains suppressed to protect the innocent, took a shine to a member of the opposite sex. Apparently, the ardour of the love match resulted in much wing flapping and, according to chaos theorists who have studied this incident in great detail, resulted in a slight breeze in a Salvadorian gully which grew to become an updraught which grew into a tropical thunderstorm which changed the course of a tropical storm in the mid Atlantic which grew to become a Hurricane which resulted in favorable winds for one Chris Columbus who, at the point of turning back to Europe, hit the east Indies at a point since called the West Indies. Fast forwarding somewhat, the impoverished Brits became besotted by the gold the Spaniards were extracting from the subjugated Indians and wanted more of the good life. They arranged to have mobs of coockoo types emigrate to Uptopias said to exist just beyond the range of Brit logistical support in lots of places including one called Virginia. Well it was not too successful but the lust for the good life (gold actually) in Utopia became a fixation of the Utoparians who kept looking for it, expecting to find it soon, perhaps over the next hill in a place which they came to call America. Unfortunately, around this time, skeptics were returning the Britain disclaiming the notion of Upotia. Being a troublesome lot, they were put in charge of a new crop of Utoparians (later disparagingly called convicts) and shipped off to collect more flora specimens in a place called New Holland. Unfortunately, some of the new Uptoparians, dropped to the con (hence the derivation of the word convicts) and had to be sent to an even more remote Utopia called Port Arthur on the coast of Van Deimens Land (note the funny Dutch spelling) for a bit of flogging until they saw the light and folly of their ways. And the rest, including the CIA in Port Arthur, is as they say is history.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.