Yellow envelope

Old Jun 3rd 2003, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

gubbin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Yellow envelope

Talk about a roller coaster of emotions. The "yellow envelope" which I believe (from previous posts here) contains the long awaited PR visa?! Well this morning our postman strolls down the drive clutching, amongst others, a YELLOW envelope
Yippeeee it's here, we thought. But after shoving bills etc through our door, he turns to walk up the drive and pushes "The Yellow Envelope" through our neighbours letter box.
Perhaps they too have applied to emigrate - huh they never mentioned it?!

Up and down, down, down - that's me at the mo!
Perhaps it will come when we least expect and like the wise words of the guinness advert "the best comes to those who wait" or something along those lines.

Off to clean the car now and let my thoughts wander.............. must be the sun I feel a little unstable today. Thanks for listening to my rant everyone. I feel better (well a bit).

Cheers
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh no thats awful.

Hope your day improves somewhat

footie chick
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Alborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to all

Maybe it is your yellow envelope and the postie put it through the wrong letterbox! I hope your neighbours haven't thrown it away.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

pabloako is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yellow envelope

The worse thing is that Goldfish credit card mail shots come in Yellow envelopes too!!!
When you do get your real yellow envelope, next door will be thinking 'ha ha, they get sent that junk as well', but you will know different!

Originally posted by gubbin
Talk about a roller coaster of emotions. The "yellow envelope" which I believe (from previous posts here) contains the long awaited PR visa?! Well this morning our postman strolls down the drive clutching, amongst others, a YELLOW envelope
Yippeeee it's here, we thought. But after shoving bills etc through our door, he turns to walk up the drive and pushes "The Yellow Envelope" through our neighbours letter box.

Perhaps it will come when we least expect and like the wise words of the guinness advert "the best comes to those who wait" or something along those lines.

Off to clean the car now and let my thoughts wander.............. must be the sun I feel a little unstable today. Thanks for listening to my rant everyone. I feel better (well a bit).

Cheers
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Alborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to all

Maybe it is your yellow envelope and the postie put it through the wrong letterbox! I hope your neighbours haven't thrown it away.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 12:36 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

A LITTLE unstable? You'll get a name for yourself if you start chasing postmen down the road!

Our agent always uses yellow envelopes for correspondence. Do you know how stressful that is?

Suddenly I wish I was colourblind!
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yellow envelope

Cheers

Its the Brown envelopes I hate dropping through my letterbox, the ones with HM Inland Revenue printed on them
:scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I know how you feel I am waiting for the yellow envelope as well.

I daren't ask the postie though as he is a bity wierd, he knew where I worked 1 week after I had got the job!! He also knows where one of my colleagues lives and has pointed this out to me - spooky or what. I have visions of the new Robin Williams film about the photo guy.

So I wont be telling him any details about us emigrating he will probably go and tell my work or something!!:scared: :scared:
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 5:34 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

...just to throw a spanner in the works

....my envelope was white!!!!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 5:48 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Man thats living on yer nerves, watching postie to see what colour the mail is!
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

I too am waiting but will get an email first from our agent I am assuming and the envelope will follow if we are accepted.

I couldn't wait my postie comes much later than me having gone to work.

Good luck have a couple of to chill you out
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

gubbin is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone.......I do actually feel much better now. When hubby came home from work I let it all pour out, we have a nice home, lots of good friends and a pretty good lifestyle so why are we putting ourselves through this? :scared:
Poor hubby hard day at the office and now this.
Also mentioned to my mom (who does not want us to go) that I wasn't sure anymore. Is it the right thing to do? - thought she might give me a 100 reasons not to go. She said "you don't know until you give it a go" :lecture:
Good old mom, always manage to say the right things at the right time.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

I know same feelings here too. no doubt we all have them at some time we just have to work throught them.

Let us know when the envelope what ever colour it turns out ot be!!

footie chick
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Ianha77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone.......I do actually feel much better now. When hubby came home from work I let it all pour out, we have a nice home, lots of good friends and a pretty good lifestyle so why are we putting ourselves through this? :scared:
Poor hubby hard day at the office and now this.
Also mentioned to my mom (who does not want us to go) that I wasn't sure anymore. Is it the right thing to do? - thought she might give me a 100 reasons not to go. She said "you don't know until you give it a go" :lecture:
Good old mom, always manage to say the right things at the right time.
You are very lucky to have such an understanding mum. We could have done with such words of wisdom from our parents.
Also, to throw another spanner in the works, My envelope was also white!