Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

YeeeeeHaaaaaa!!!!! We got it!!!!

Wikiposts

YeeeeeHaaaaaa!!!!! We got it!!!!

Old Apr 9th 2004, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Steandleigh
only just seen your message, wow, i'm so happy for you and a little envious too!
please keep in touch with the forum and enjoy every moment of your new lives
love and hugs
Rach & family xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya Rach!!!

Thanks for the kind wishes, am now eagerly awaiting your " i got it" over the coming weeks.

Will definitely keep in touch,

lots 'a' love, Leigh. x
Old Apr 9th 2004, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scrawni
Leigh,

Have you had quotes for taking all your household stuff? We have been quoted about £4000 on average for a 20ft reefer container to Cairns. It cost more because of taking it from Brisbane to Cairns.

I would be interested on any quotes you have been given.

Mandy

Hiya mandy,

over the past few weeks i've done a few net quotes and haven't heard a thing - PSS, Doree Bonner, to name a few.

Maybe its 'cos we're not taking an enormous amount - kids toys and associated stuff, ste's tools for work, numerous photo albums / kids memory boxes / sentimental stuff. Nothing much else really.

Would be grateful to hear from anyone whos only taken a few bits and pieces and who they recommend.

When are you and the family off to cairns? Can't wait to get there and 'get on with it', am firing up my imaginary bbq for us as we speak - Cairns Expats meets here we come!!!!!!!

best wishes, Leigh. x
Old Apr 9th 2004, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by scutterUK
pssssssttt!! penelope!! empty your in box luv!

Have done so immediately!!!!!

Sent you a pm the other night and your box was full too!!! ( OOhh-Errr!!!!).

x
Old Apr 9th 2004, 7:19 am
jb
Just Joined

jb is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

Congrats & bon voyage
Old Apr 9th 2004, 7:43 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by steandleigh
Have done so immediately!!!!!

Sent you a pm the other night and your box was full too!!! ( OOhh-Errr!!!!).

x
nout like having a full box.... so they told me....
Old Apr 9th 2004, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default leigh

hi leigh
you must be having a laugh, remember the saga with the doc that did our meds, well i've rang the surgery twice and am still waiting to find out if our meds have even been couriered as Dr Mikhail is still in hospital, the receptionist and the practice manager have been of no help whatsoever!!
is yours just a normal skilled independent visa???
congratulations again mate
love 'n' hugs
rach xxxxxx
Old Apr 9th 2004, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Hiya rach!

i'm certainly no expert, but i would say to you ' relax ' a bit about the meds. If you've paid your money and had the meds done, then after that the responsibilty to get them sent off is the receptionists. I woulden't get yourself in too much of a state about whether they have been sent off or not...... we worried for 3 odd months after sent sent our meds : oh my god, how do we know if they've recieved them or not? what if we've got them done and they haven't recieved them...what a waste of money if we have to get them done again.....

Everything will come good in the end for you, you just have to sit tight AND SMILE!!!!!!

To answer your question, our visa app was a regular Skilled Independant - subclass 136.

We applied 19th November 2003, did our meds on 6th january 2004, pc's a week after, heard absolutely NOTHING then until we got the call from our agent day before yesterday. Visas were granted on 30th march.

We're really lucky that its been so quick for us, don't know if its 'cos we sent meds and pcs unrequested, 'cos ste's job is on the MODL list, 'cos we've been caught up in the ' june rush ', or just 'cos someone is smiling down on us.

Either way, you WILL get that visa, and i'm still looking forward to your ' we got it ' post!!!!

best wishes and lots 'a' love, Leigh. x
Old Apr 9th 2004, 6:59 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough
Default Re: YeeeeeHaaaaaa!!!!! We got it!!!!

Congratualtions!!! :PARTY: :PARTY:
Old Apr 11th 2004, 12:27 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Egggsellent news, crack open the choccie to celebrate.

Best Wishes
Sarah
Old Apr 11th 2004, 3:35 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

cannot believe how fast youve done this...I think your occupation is on the high priority list isnt it...or I thought so...either way...bloody amazin...

all the best
Old Apr 11th 2004, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by peppi
cannot believe how fast youve done this...I think your occupation is on the high priority list isnt it...or I thought so...either way...bloody amazin...

all the best
Hiya peppi

yes, we can't quite believe it either, can't explain why its been so quick, but we feel so lucky and intend to make the most of the chance and give it our best shot.

Thanks for the kind wishes, Leigh. x