XXXX Bitter

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 1:37 pm
Banned

menace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud of
Default XXXX Bitter

<Front and centre>
<Rant>

I went to the local for lunch today and asked for a "roast of the day - Beef, and a schooner of XXXX Bitter.

Straight forward request, no?

The barmaid looked at me like I had two heads both of which were uglier than the other.

"XXXX Bitter" She said. "Whats that?"

I replied that it was the tap right in front of me on the beer font which read "XXXX Bitter"

"Ah, you want gold?"

"No, I want a XXXX Bitter, one of these" tapping the actual beer tap with my rolled $20 note

Luckily a customer at the bar who had heard this little pantomime going on came to my rescue when he looked up at the barmaid and smiled "Heavy"

"Oh, you want HEAVY. I'm with you now"

Why oh why?

</Rant>
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 8:17 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: XXXX Bitter

Originally Posted by menace
<Front and centre>
<Rant>

I went to the local for lunch today and asked for a "roast of the day - Beef, and a schooner of XXXX Bitter.

The barmaid looked at me like I had two heads both of which were uglier than the other.

I replied that it was the tap right in front of me on the beer font which read "XXXX Bitter"

"Ah, you want gold?"

"No, I want a XXXX Bitter, one of these" tapping the actual beer tap with my rolled $20 note

Luckily a customer at the bar who had heard this little pantomime going on came to my rescue when he looked up at the barmaid and smiled "Heavy"

Why oh why?

</Rant>

was she blonde ??
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 9:00 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
was she blonde ??
Dunno, but she was certainly stupid!
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 9:14 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

<Front and centre>
<Rant>

"Ah, you want gold?"

Why oh why?

</Rant>

I thought "Heavy" was Glaswegian? Maybe your part of the Antipodes was settled by people from Glasgow?
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 9:46 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

like anyone who drinks XXXX

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Dunno, but she was certainly stupid!
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:34 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I asked for a pint of Tennents in a city pub in Melbourne & she brought me a pint of warm English piss called Tetleys. It ended up in the big flower pot beside the bar.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 4:30 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bordy
I asked for a pint of Tennents in a city pub in Melbourne & she brought me a pint of warm English piss called Tetleys. It ended up in the big flower pot beside the bar.

Similar to me, I went to an Irish bar in Brick Lane in Melbourne, (I think it might be called Pug Mahones), and asked for a pint of tennents and she eventually produced a pint of Guinness.

I know I have an Irish accent and all that, but how does Tennents sound like Guinness?
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A dogs life

I know I have an Irish accent and all that, but how does Tennents sound like Guinness?
Sounds similar to me..........I could be easily fooled!
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 4:47 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

<Front and centre>
<Rant>

"Ah, you want gold?"

Why oh why?

</Rant>
Prehaps she could,nt undestand yer stupid accent, and ya know why they call it 4X ??? Because know one in QLD can spell beer ......... mm
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 4:49 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mr mover
Prehaps she could,nt undestand yer stupid accent, and ya know why they call it 4X ??? Because know one in QLD can spell beer ......... mm
Apparently someone in Adelaide can't spell no-one
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 4:51 am
Not two zombies

Mongrol will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bordy
So it went in the same place a pint of Tennants would go.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Let's try that again.......

Perhaps she couldn’t understand your stupid accent, and you know why they call it 4X ??? Because no-one in QLD can spell beer ......... mm
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 7:56 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A dogs life
Apparently someone in Adelaide can't spell no-one
TWO much god sth Artralian , COOPERS Sparkling ALE... ...... mm
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 1:12 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

TWO much god sth Artralian , COOPERS Sparkling ALE... ...... mm
I'll drink to that coopers yummmy cant wait to get my mits on one