Xmas Plans

Old Oct 18th 2006, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

H&C&H is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Xmas Plans

Slightly different query, but we're planning to move out after we get married next year. This obviously changes what we're planning to put on our wedding gift list as we don't want to ship out lots of stuff.

Does anybody have any idea what to ask for, other than money, or is it cheaper to receive house wear gifts (dinner service, linen etc and ship it out)?

Thank you. My first post - wow, i love this forum, a mine of information and support.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 12:20 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Xmas Plans

Originally Posted by H&C&H
Slightly different query, but we're planning to move out after we get married next year. This obviously changes what we're planning to put on our wedding gift list as we don't want to ship out lots of stuff.

Does anybody have any idea what to ask for, other than money, or is it cheaper to receive house wear gifts (dinner service, linen etc and ship it out)?

Thank you. My first post - wow, i love this forum, a mine of information and support.
Hello and Welcome to the madhouse.

My friends just got married shortly before emigrating to Canada and they asked if their Wedding gifts could be experiences rather than physical gifts. We gave them theatre vouchers.

HTH

Buzzy
Old Oct 18th 2006, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

Hi there and welcome. Just my thoughts, but depends on whether you would be shipping anything else to be honest. I am presuming you are not already living together and that these wedding pressies would be you setting up house, if so probably better with the money. If you do already live together and have all the makings of a home and would be shipping this across then yup definately fill the container with as much stuff as you have in the way of linen, towels, crockery etc (well that was the advice my friends in Oz gave me!!!).

Congrats on getting married - whens the big day?

Nikki
Old Oct 18th 2006, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum...but why dont you start your own thread and see what sort of response you get???

I would ask for pressies and ship the lot over. That way you have the memories of your friends/family with you as you are using the stuff.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

Firth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really nice
Smile Re: Xmas Plans

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Hi Folks, Just wondered if others have experienced this....I am after making my last UK xmas really special, but at the same time am very hesitant and buying new stuff. Has anyone any suggestions on what I can do??

Cheers

Why don't you have an ozzie theme to you xmas dinner, saving washing up on doing a BBQ and using paper plates!!
You could always turn up the central heating and all arrive wearing shorts and t-shirts!!
Start of things to come!!
Old Oct 19th 2006, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

You say not money but then you could use it to buy plants for your garden in Australia. A permanent reminder.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 7:45 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to Hong Kong and then UK for Christmas!
Old Oct 19th 2006, 9:13 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I will be in Australia for Christmas and it will be my first family Christmas in 6 years!!!!

We will have a champagne, English breakfast (cooked aussie style on the BBQ) at my uncles house, then laze the day away before having a traditional English Christmas dinner - with all trimmings!!!!

I cannot wait to have Christmas with my family
Old Oct 19th 2006, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
I will be in Australia for Christmas and it will be my first family Christmas in 6 years!!!!

We will have a champagne, English breakfast (cooked aussie style on the BBQ) at my uncles house, then laze the day away before having a traditional English Christmas dinner - with all trimmings!!!!

I cannot wait to have Christmas with my family
thats my dream too, but planned for 2007.

I think the ozzie theme sounds fun actually firth.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

H&C&H is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Welcome to the forum...but why dont you start your own thread and see what sort of response you get???

I would ask for pressies and ship the lot over. That way you have the memories of your friends/family with you as you are using the stuff.

Thanks CathnPaul - I mustered up courage and started my own thread! I do like your idea, just scared of shipping costs, as although we do already have a home together we are intending to rent it so we are not taking over any furniture, therefore no big container.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks CathnPaul - I mustered up courage and started my own thread! I do like your idea, just scared of shipping costs, as although we do already have a home together we are intending to rent it so we are not taking over any furniture, therefore no big container.
No Problem. x