Reload this Page >

Wrong Qualifications

Wrong Qualifications

Old May 16th 2003, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Devon is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Wrong Qualifications

Can anyone help me?

I am a qualified veterinary nurse and about to qualify as a journalist (hopefully in August!)

My husband and I are looking to emmigrate to Oz, I am 35 and he is 40.

The only trouble is, he has over 10 years experience as a chef but has trained in-house with no certificates (apart from food and hygiene and managerial ones)

My journo certificate is not of degree level. So all in all, they don't need animal nurses on the skills list and both of us not having a degree, we are stuck.

Has anyone any ideas as to what we could do next? I will retrain if I have to to move to this fantastic country, but I don't know if my NCTJ journo certificate would count.

Its funny, after 2 years of training to be a nurse and a year to be a journalist, I dont feel like another 3 years training to get a degree! (I'll need alot of beer to do that)

But anyway, if anyone can help me with ideas, please do.

If I get an agent though, it will be Alan from Go Matilda. He phoned me once to answer a query and was very helpful.

Going to make a cuppa now, who wants one??