Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is it worth shipping my car to perth

Is it worth shipping my car to perth

Old Aug 7th 2003, 5:15 pm
Clayhead

wayne bond is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Is it worth shipping my car to perth

I am thinking of shipping my car ( Audi) from the UK to Perth when we leave later this year, because I will miss her ( sad I know).

But I am finding it difficult to find any information that will give me some idea of the potentail price differences to see if it is worthwhile ( cost effective) or not.

Has anyone had any experiece of doing this and if so I would apprecaite any advice / help you can give me.

Thanks Wayne
Old Aug 7th 2003, 7:24 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

My brother did this about 12 years ago now and it cost about £2000 then...and I seem to remember him saying he had alot of hassle with getting it released from the docks...but that could have been something to do with it being a car he had built himself...not a standard car standard numbers,plates etc

An audi...is really worth the shit on top of all the other shit your gonna have...and the expense...
I can check it aout properly from my Bruv if you want though
Old Aug 7th 2003, 8:58 pm
Sydneysider and lovin it!

Dinky is on a distinguished road

I had a new shaped Audi Cab. Lovely car. Shipping costs very high. I also spoke with Audi Australia dealers who regard imports with the same distain as UK dealers.
Don't bother unless you have a 10 year old Porsche on which you'll make a mint.

Dinky

P.S. Aussies also hate the fact that we salt our roads and promote rust in winter