Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Worst day so far

Worst day so far

Old Jul 27th 2008, 7:01 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Worst day so far

Thankyou all that have replied...you are all right
We have, after much deliberation, decided to go through a company that sends just boxes. We are going to sell all our furniture and buy second hand when we get there - our belongings won't be arriving for over a month after we are settled in rental anyway...we wouldn't be able to wait for a washing machine until then and would end up buying one anyway
We are not really that attached to many things so we are just taking books, photos (minus frames) toys and a couple of other bits.
I feel much better now, things listed on ebay, house sale scheduled for saturday and anything left is going to charity.
Thanks guys!
Old Jul 27th 2008, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

shark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant future

just done our 2nd car booty today
bloody hard work !
5.30 am till 1 pm for £60
2 more to do then its charity shops for us

good luck with your move
Old Jul 28th 2008, 6:36 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shark bait
just done our 2nd car booty today
bloody hard work !
5.30 am till 1 pm for £60
2 more to do then its charity shops for us

good luck with your move
Have you tried doing a car boot lot on ebay? we did and the person collected. think we were probably better off doing that with lots of little things. Might do a boot with a few larger things that are left.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 6:41 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I sold heaps of my stuff on gumtree and then gave a lot away come the final days. I took pictures of everything and took time to upload ads to various areas of gumtree.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 2:01 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

I am doing it the other way round to avoid a freak out. I am clearing out first then putting the house up for sale. My backyard is quickly filling up and it is getting easier each day. Why can't you go to Aus with very little or even nothing???? I am not paying some company to transport my crap, and for what to put it in a box again and spend another 13yrs not looking at it. I know what you mean by it being a bit gut wrenching as I keep thinking it's in good nic, I paid this or that for it, but tody I just thought stuff it. If I don't clear it all out and be utterly ruthless I won't be going anywhere. Dosen't mean I don't stop and stare at things and let the memories flood back.