Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Working in Sydney

Working in Sydney

Old Feb 24th 2008, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

brian and wendy is a jewel in the roughbrian and wendy is a jewel in the roughbrian and wendy is a jewel in the roughbrian and wendy is a jewel in the rough
Default Working in Sydney

We are moving to Sydney at the end of May, I work in the Uk as a Receptionist Admin, can anybody tell me of some good Recruitment agencies to sign up with..
Old Feb 24th 2008, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working in Sydney

From my wife's experiences with agencies in Sydney. I would say don't bother signing up before you get here as most of them want you to sit an ability test in their offices as part of signing you on.

If you Google for agencies in Sydney, you'll find that there's plenty of the international brands and local ones too.

My wife initially registered and went to sit interviews with 3 or 4 in the CBD when we first arrived - she found the whole thing very traumatic - trying to find her way around a strange city and having to sit test after test. She was very unhappy and it almost caused us to go straight back to UK.

So I would certainly think about some of the local smaller agencies if you are hoping to live in the suburbs and also sign up for online jobs on www.mycareer.com.au and similar website - where you tend to find jobs directly rather than through agents

If you want to work, you'll find it...