Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

working perth licence etc

working perth licence etc

Old May 10th 2009, 10:54 am
Just Joined

tonycook is an unknown quantity at this point
Default working perth licence etc

As a wall and floor tiler do you have to be licenced to work .I am not quailified here in the uk just hands on experienced ,reading different articles i keep coming accross the licence word does this apply to everyone self employed or company owners ? help!
Old May 10th 2009, 11:11 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: working perth licence etc

No only plumbing and electrical require a licence. Visa could be a problem though.
Old May 10th 2009, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Thanks for coming back to me ,are you in perth ? We are getting student visa via my wife so im told i can work 20 hrs a week which is not a problem ,i was just abit worried re licence .How are things there much work etc thats assuming your there of course ? Also areas to live etc we are couple two young kids need somewhere safe not to cut off and affordable we were thinking about renting and thought or should i say hoped $350 a week may find us somewhere ?
Old May 10th 2009, 11:29 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonycook
Thanks for coming back to me ,are you in perth ? We are getting student visa via my wife so im told i can work 20 hrs a week which is not a problem ,i was just abit worried re licence .How are things there much work etc thats assuming your there of course ? Also areas to live etc we are couple two young kids need somewhere safe not to cut off and affordable we were thinking about renting and thought or should i say hoped $350 a week may find us somewhere ?
Where is your wife going to school? It would suck if she were at Murdoch and you lived in Yanchep.

You may find it difficult to find work, especially with the 20 hour restriction. Construction in Perth is slowing down with loads of tradies looking for work. It's a difficult time to be moving.
Old May 10th 2009, 11:35 am
Just Joined

Hello again my wife will attend perth institute cbd. I was hoping to to get sponsered and do more than 20 hrs ,i also see tiling is on the critical list , are the list worth looking at ?
Old May 10th 2009, 11:46 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonycook
Hello again my wife will attend perth institute cbd. I was hoping to to get sponsered and do more than 20 hrs ,i also see tiling is on the critical list , are the list worth looking at ?
If you are coming on your wife's visa you don't need to be sponsored. If you are thinking of applying for a skilled visa you will first need to pass a skills assessment, which may be a problem since you don't have formal qualifications. Take a read of booklet 6 www.immi.gov.au for what you need to get a skilled visa. Skills assessment is done by TRA www.workplace.gov.au
Old May 10th 2009, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Sorry i didnt explain properly when i say get sponsered i mean so i can work more than 20 hours a week. Im getting the impression its a bit doom and gloom there is everyone worrying about economy ,jobs etc .Things here are pooh.