Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

current SAP market in melbourne???

current SAP market in melbourne???

Old May 7th 2009, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

ABB1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default current SAP market in melbourne???

hi,

I'm hoping to move to AUS in in another 4 months time, Hoping to get a job as a SAP functional consultant since having 4 yrs of SAP experiance. Anyone having an idea about the current SAP market in melbourne?

Thanx
Old May 7th 2009, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

ossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant future
Default Re: current SAP market in melbourne???

Originally Posted by ABB1
hi,

I'm hoping to move to AUS in in another 4 months time, Hoping to get a job as a SAP functional consultant since having 4 yrs of SAP experiance. Anyone having an idea about the current SAP market in melbourne?

Thanx
Not good at the moment. Anyone coming over now should expect to be out of work for 2-3 months.
Old May 7th 2009, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

hi,

Thanx
My employer are currently looking for SAP consultants in a variety of areas. Let me know if you would like me to put you in touch.
Old May 7th 2009, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

Hi ABB1,

Well im travelling in the same boat. Have around 5 years of SAP-ABAP experience and planning to make my move soon. Been to Melbourne on my validation trip and simply loved it. Can't wait to get there..

Hi yanH,

Sent you a PM.

ronan_in_oz
Old May 8th 2009, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by yanH
My employer are currently looking for SAP consultants in a variety of areas. Let me know if you would like me to put you in touch.
Hi,

well ofcoz i would love to. i can send my CV if i can get ur email adrs

thanx alot
Old May 9th 2009, 5:17 pm
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,

Thanx
If you are any good, there are always opportunities for SAP consultants. SAP is quite big in Melb.
Old May 9th 2009, 11:46 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deancm
If you are any good, there are always opportunities for SAP consultants. SAP is quite big in Melb.
Well lets hope so because my company, as part of a larger lay off, has just sacked the entire SAP team. Jobs will be moved offshore.
Old May 10th 2009, 4:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Well lets hope so because my company, as part of a larger lay off, has just sacked the entire SAP team. Jobs will be moved offshore.
That's happening everywhere. Were you doing implementation work or support?
Old May 10th 2009, 5:27 am
Account Closed

That's happening everywhere. Were you doing implementation work or support?
I'm not personally involved with SAP, mainframes are my area, so I can't comment on what they were doing. All I know is that the work will be moved offshore... India probably, but maybe even South America, which looks like it will start to pick up as an area for offshore work in the near future.
Old May 10th 2009, 5:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I'm not personally involved with SAP, mainframes are my area, so I can't comment on what they were doing. All I know is that the work will be moved offshore... India probably, but maybe even South America, which looks like it will start to pick up as an area for offshore work in the near future.
South America? That's the first i've heard of IT work being outsourced there. I know there's loads of Brazilian and Argentinian IT guys trying to get into the UK.
Old May 10th 2009, 6:54 am
Account Closed

South America? That's the first i've heard of IT work being outsourced there. I know there's loads of Brazilian and Argentinian IT guys trying to get into the UK.
My company, a major outsourcer, plans to try and recruit 5,000 people in South America over the next three years. They already have 15,000 Indian staff and sites in South Africa and China.

India is now being seen as too expensive for the quality of staff available, with most Indian IT staff now being viewed as average, at best. Indian staff also have a tendancy to jump ship every few months and that's a major issue for any long term project. South America, much like South Africa with Europe, has an advantage of being in the same time zones as North America and with Spanish a growing influence in the US, a language advantage as well.
Old May 10th 2009, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

But looking at the seek.com.au and other aus job sites seems there're plenty of openings, isn't it? mainly since sap can't be outsourced easily to offshore since it has to be with the business al the time