Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

working holiday/ claiming jobseekers on return

working holiday/ claiming jobseekers on return

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default working holiday/ claiming jobseekers on return

I need to ask a few questions and hope someone can answer:

Well i packed in my job today as i am going away soon to oz for 12 months working visa i was just thinking there as i will be over there and will be working from time to time if or when i get back and im out of work will i get jobseekers allowance?

Do i not pay national insurance for that year for that?

So what happens as i will not be earning in the uk and not payint n.i. can anyone give me answers to this.

As it could be a while before i get work again when or if i return.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of
Default Re: working holiday/ claiming jobseekers on return

Originally posted by brian.w
I need to ask a few questions and hope someone can answer:

Well i packed in my job today as i am going away soon to oz for 12 months working visa i was just thinking there as i will be over there and will be working from time to time if or when i get back and im out of work will i get jobseekers allowance?

Do i not pay national insurance for that year for that?

So what happens as i will not be earning in the uk and not payint n.i. can anyone give me answers to this.

As it could be a while before i get work again when or if i return.
Hubby and I spent 18 months out of country on working holiday visa and when we came back we had no problem getting jobseekers allowance. I think it depends whether you have been paying NI prior to going. Hubby had been paying for longer and so got more money than me, but we both still got it.

Mummy