Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

2 Programmes on about Sydney tonight

2 Programmes on about Sydney tonight

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 11:36 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default 2 Programmes on about Sydney tonight

Get a life down under is on c4 at 8.00 (You all knew that) but on Discovery Trav & Adv. (Sky 553) at 11.30pm there is a prog called 'Streets of the world' all about Sydney.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 11:38 am
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

And next week's Holiday programme? is dedicated to Oz to coincide with Australia day. Monday evening I think.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 11:49 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 Programmes on about Sydney tonight

Originally posted by SteveBannister
Get a life down under is on c4 at 8.00 (You all knew that) but on Discovery Trav & Adv. (Sky 553) at 11.30pm there is a prog called 'Streets of the world' all about Sydney.

I think its discovery travel and adventure channel that are running an 'Australia week' from next weekend!
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

simbacat is an unknown quantity at this point

I wondered something, do the programs such as "Life down under" show a true reflection of what life is really like? Because some people seem to be rather unprepared.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 11:59 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by simbacat
I wondered something, do the programs such as "Life down under" show a true reflection of what life is really like? Because some people seem to be rather unprepared.
I think they pick those families on purpose to make 'Good Viewing'
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 12:01 pm
Free at last!

Originally posted by simbacat
To a small degree yes. But, like a movie trailer, they chuck in all the best/worst bits in a short space of time. The families I'm sure are chosen from loads of "normal" families because they have that something extra that would make good viewing.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 12:01 pm
Free at last!

Beat me to it Steve
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 12:17 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
didnt the woman who was in Queensland (with the kids and the wet hubby who went back to the uk) post on here after her programme had been on uk tv - Im sure she or someone mentioned that before they took part it was put to them primarily as a prog about kids settling in to a new life in Oz??

sue
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 12:25 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
Hi
didnt the woman who was in Queensland (with the kids and the wet hubby who went back to the uk) post on here after her programme had been on uk tv - Im sure she or someone mentioned that before they took part it was put to them primarily as a prog about kids settling in to a new life in Oz??

sue

Your spot on Sue, if anyone wants to look back on the comments on these programmes one of them came on the site and told us all what really happened and that what started as a prog about children settling became the prog we know so well for dysfunctional families and peeps wanting to solve their problems on the other side of the world........life isn't that simple !!

I think there were one or two guilty people who felt they may have been a bit unkind after reading her reply to the thread !!

Warren

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 12:41 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Warren,

I have just tried to do a search for the above. I came blank. Any idea who it was (username ect.) and when?

Jack
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Cheers for that Steve. Obviously our weekly bloodfest is in the diary but that 'Streets of the World' may be interesting for me.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 1:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jack Daws
Hi Warren,

I have just tried to do a search for the above. I came blank. Any idea who it was (username ect.) and when?

Jack
It usually goes under a new life down under etc. Just look back through the threads for the last 7 Thursdays - Jan 22, 15, 8, 1 etc. Sorry I haven't got the time to find them for you and post them here!

OzTennis

P.S. I was a tad sceptical of the 'this is not what I'm really like, we were hoodwinked into thinking' etc line. The last 2 families were also 'hoodwinked' into thinking it was about their children but they came over in a completely different light.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 2:42 pm
I Know What's Going On!

I've just noticed that 'Streets of the world' is also on this evening at 6.30pm. Saves staying up too late, doesn't it!
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 3:08 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jack Daws
Hi Warren,

Jack
Think this is what you are looking for
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 3:09 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
Think this is what you are looking for

ooops, forgot to attach

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...n&pagenumber=9