Reload this Page >

Work Trial In Geraldton

Work Trial In Geraldton

Old Jan 25th 2012, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

Patto118 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Trial In Geraldton

Hello

I am flying to OZ in Feb, for a two week work trial. Was just dropping a post to get some information on geraldton, on some good places to sight-see, while am there.

Places like restaurants, coffee shops, museums, general places of interest.

The work trial is in the strathalbyn area, so I will be staying in that area.
Just some general info would be a great help

Thanks.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 2:32 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work Trial In Geraldton

Originally Posted by Patto118
Hello

I am flying to OZ in Feb, for a two week work trial. Was just dropping a post to get some information on geraldton, on some good places to sight-see, while am there.

Thanks.
Don't really know anything about Geraldton, driven through a few times and stopped there once on the way back to Perth.
It's about 4 hours north of Perth, which I'm sure you knew.

About 2 hrs north of Geraldton is Kalbarri, which I can recommend you go and see. There is a really nice gorge and river, great place to canoe, quad bike 4x4, abseiling etc etc.

If you go to the gorge make sure you take plenty of water. We were there last year and came across a guy riding a BMW trail bike. He was bogged in the sand (no bitumen in the National Park) I stopped and got him up-right and lifted the bike out of the sand. Offered him a lift and said he could collect the bike on the way back, he declined. We saw him at "Natures Window" in the gorge later that day...... The next day he was found dead by the first tour party of the day.
Turned out he'd just arrived into Oz, hired a bike and rode to the National park, with no water. It was 50 degrees in the gorge that day and he became dehydrated. Shocked us as we could have perhaps done more.... who knows?

Anyway I digress.... Not much help with Geraldton I'm afraid.

http://www.geraldtontourist.com.au/c...?documentid=23

Last edited by h2oskineil; Jan 25th 2012 at 2:34 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 9:24 am
Just Joined

aworldaway66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Strathalbyn is a small suburb in geraldton - everything is 10 mins apart so you're not restricted at all by staying there.

See here: http://www.geraldtontourist.com.au/

It's a quiet seaside town. Very family focussed and while there are cafes etc, they're not a patch on back home in terms of atmosphere. But it's differnt when you have the Indian Ocean to look at - you don't need such a cool vibe I guess!
There's not a huge amount to get stuck into but there are a few things to see and there's the beaches and surfing etc.
There is a museum, a small one, but it has a few decent exhibits.

It will be very hot in Feb - and you might get some humid days and nights here and there.

Have fun!
Old Jan 26th 2012, 10:45 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patto118
Hello

Thanks.
Might sound odd, but out has the most beautiful memorial to the souls lost on HMAS Sydney.
Thats is a must.