Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

work for scottish tiler, 25 years experience

work for scottish tiler, 25 years experience

Old Jul 21st 2013, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

neilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant future
Default work for scottish tiler, 25 years experience

Hi, could anyone let me know if there is plenty of work in perth areas for wall and floor tilers..In the final stages of immigration to WA and thinking of settling south of perth in or around mandurah...any info would be appreciated...thanks, neil
Old Jul 26th 2013, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: work for scottish tiler, 25 years experience

Originally Posted by neilster72
Hi, could anyone let me know if there is plenty of work in perth areas for wall and floor tilers..In the final stages of immigration to WA and thinking of settling south of perth in or around mandurah...any info would be appreciated...thanks, neil
There would have to be plenty of work, I would have thought, if the number of houses going up all the time is any indication. Every time I drive up the Kwinana freeway (north of Mandurah to Perth airport), I can't believe how many more houses have sprung up. If you want to look at Mandurah suburbs, then try Lakelands and Meadow Springs, plenty of development still happening here. New schools just been built in both suburbs, more schools and shopping centre on the way (apparently). A bit further up you have Singleton, Golden Bay, Secret Harbour, Port Kennedy, Baldivis, not to mention popular areas close to the train stations. And it's only a matter of time before they start development at Keralup, a new town situated between Rockingham and Mandurah http://www.rockingham.wa.gov.au/Busi...g/Keralup.aspx

Floor tilers would be more in demand than UK I should think, because you don't see so much lino here, and definitely no carpet in the bathrooms! Floor tiling is popular because it's cooler in the summer. Easy to mop, however I curse trying to keep the grout clean.

Last edited by Jacqui; Jul 26th 2013 at 7:32 am.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

neilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant future
Default Re: work for scottish tiler, 25 years experience

hi there, thank you very much for replying, new to this site, so not sure how to reply ..Hope this works, lol...anyhoo really appreciate it and those were the suburbs we were checking out, need somewhere close to schools and shops and stuff as my wife doesnt drive yet and we have two kids aged 5 and 3....

thanks again

neil