Reload this Page >

work experience documents nz

work experience documents nz

Old Jun 10th 2003, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

alilandeg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default work experience documents nz

Hi

Does anyone know what would be suitable for work experience documents for NZIS? I have worked for the same company for 20 years, which is owned by my father. I have never had a contract of employment. Would a reference stating that I have work there for 20 years with a list of my duties be ok and would it matter that it was signed by my father.

I have spoken to the companies firm of accountants and they have said that they will back this up if NZIS would not accept a member of my own family confiming my work experience.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Allison
Old Jun 10th 2003, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work experience documents nz

Originally posted by alilandeg
Hi

Does anyone know what would be suitable for work experience documents for NZIS? I have worked for the same company for 20 years, which is owned by my father. I have never had a contract of employment. Would a reference stating that I have work there for 20 years with a list of my duties be ok and would it matter that it was signed by my father.

I have spoken to the companies firm of accountants and they have said that they will back this up if NZIS would not accept a member of my own family confiming my work experience.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Allison

Should be ok, I've looked into this myself but my problem is a company I worked for went under 10yrs ago. Anyway a reference on letterheaded paper and payslips or P60's, pension statements if you have one, as much info to prove your experience, advice from others is gather as much info as possible.

Use the search facility and enter "references", you'll get a few posts to read & help you

HTH
Old Jun 11th 2003, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

alilandeg is an unknown quantity at this point

[Hi

Thanks for you reply, would I have to show all my payslips, as I have only got back about 6 years, My company only have to keep 7 years worth by law, would it be ok just to include a few say some from 6 years ago and some recent ones or would NZIS ask for all going right back to 16 years ago when I started.

Many thanks

Allison
Old Jun 11th 2003, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by alilandeg
[Hi

Thanks for you reply, would I have to show all my payslips, as I have only got back about 6 years, My company only have to keep 7 years worth by law, would it be ok just to include a few say some from 6 years ago and some recent ones or would NZIS ask for all going right back to 16 years ago when I started.

Many thanks

Allison
I wouldn't think they need them all, they will need something that states your starting date of employment, which I would say can be put in the reference.

As I said already look in the "Guide" (pdf format) for complete list of items you can use. It can be found here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/forms/index.html