Wooden things

Old Dec 21st 2006, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Wooden things

Hi all,
I have a lot of wooden bits and pieces from various countries including Africa and South America, i know that bringing in wooden furniture is an issue and that they would probably have to be iradiated or sprayed or whatever they do to decontaminate them, does anyone know how much it is likely to cost? I need to work out if it is worth taking these bits or whether i should give them away.

Cheers and Merry Christmas
Old Dec 21st 2006, 10:30 am
CMR
Forum Regular

CMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Wooden things

As far as I know, there is only an issue with importing untreated wood - so most furniture wouldn't be a problem.

CMR
Old Dec 21st 2006, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CMR
As far as I know, there is only an issue with importing untreated wood - so most furniture wouldn't be a problem.

CMR

Hi,
Unfortunately since most of my things are of an 'ethnic' origin an d not from IKEA i have no idea if or how they have been treated so i would imaging the Aus customs will be keen to treat them just in case... While i am thinking about it what about wooden picture frames? do they get treated and if so pesumably the pictures would have to be removed first.

Cheers

Chris
Old Dec 21st 2006, 1:04 pm
CMR
Forum Regular

CMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the rough

To be honest, I don't know what the definition of 'treated' is - so I couldn't say for sure.
You will, no doubt, be getting quotes from international removal companies. They send a rep round to have a a look at what you intend to ship and this rep will be able to advise you on wooden stuff.

CMR