Wollongong NYE

Old Dec 28th 2008, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of
Default Wollongong NYE

Is anyone heading to Belmore basin for the fireworks? I quite fancy going with the kids but I'm sure they will grumble if its just the 3 of us... is anyone going - fancy meeting up?
Old Dec 28th 2008, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Wollongong NYE

Hmm We'll have to look this up

Stu
Old Dec 29th 2008, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

its 7-9.30pm from flagstaff hill down to nth beach... all roads will be closed and supposed to be good for families, the fireworks go off at 9.30pm

http://www.wollongong.nsw.gov.au/attractions/nye.asp
Old Dec 30th 2008, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light

Looks good, we will be going to this, anyone else from the Wollongong meetups going to make it ?

Stu
Old Dec 30th 2008, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Ok given last time I went to stuart park and couldnt find anyone could we have definite identifiers this time? I'm thinking this is going to be a very busy event so propose to meet maybe at the kiosk at north beach then a leisurely walk up??? any other suggestions?
Old Dec 31st 2008, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

OK Not heard from anyone so me and kids will be at nth beach kiosk at 7pm. I am wearing black legging and red flowery dress and technicolour eyeshadow you cant miss it lol. Will wait there for around 15 minutes - hopefully will meet up with some of you...

My name is Emma btw!
Old Dec 31st 2008, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

We are meeting up with some Aussie Pals, and not planning on getting there till around 8.

I'll look out for the flowery dress wearer, dont be suprised if some stranger taps you on the shoulder and says "Hello Emma !! "

Stu
Old Dec 31st 2008, 4:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Ah ok stu - will listen out for you!
Old Dec 31st 2008, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well there were so many people there !!!

Man i didn't think it would be that busy.

Great night with some really good fireworks, sorry i missed you in the crowd, but i hope you had a good night.

Happy new year to all the Wollongong ex-pats !!!

Stu, Lou and Alfie
Old Jan 1st 2009, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey Stu yeah it was good wasn't it... we made our way on to the beach for the fireworks. Apparently they do the same thing there for Australia Day but its MUCH bigger I heard.

Spent this afternoon at the Lagoon with a kilo of prawns - it was bliss!!! And it was packed too.

Happy New Year all :-)

Emma, Rosie and Will
Old Jan 1st 2009, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

JAZinOZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by homewardbound
Hey Stu yeah it was good wasn't it... we made our way on to the beach for the fireworks. Apparently they do the same thing there for Australia Day but its MUCH bigger I heard.

Spent this afternoon at the Lagoon with a kilo of prawns - it was bliss!!! And it was packed too.

Happy New Year all :-)

Emma, Rosie and Will
Happy New Year to everyone...sorry to have missed you again! We've had a full house with family for past few days and had a BBQ here New Year's Eve and then watched the fireworks from Fairy Meadow beach... it was lovely! We took picnic blanket and some fizzy wine and some sparklers for the kids and enjoyed the show from there. There were quite a few other families on the beach but it wasn't as packed as Wollongong Harbour, so it was a good spot. Definitely up for going down to the Harbour on Australia Day!

Best wishes for 2009 and hope to meet up soon,
Julie, Billy & Aidan
Old Jan 4th 2009, 7:51 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy new year all, we spent new years eve in Penrith with Sandras cousin, got mashed on her husbands whiskey, woke up with a stinking hangover and then round to my mate Brians for a New Years Day fancy dress party. Now back to work and loving every endless minute of it

Take it easy guys

Steve
Old Jan 4th 2009, 7:56 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Millie is performing with her dance troop down the harbour on Australia day, so we'll be there without a doubt. I missed her show last time cos of moving house, so am really looking forward to it