Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wine help needed!

Wine help needed!

Old Apr 25th 2010, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

Elmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to all
Default Wine help needed!

Does anyone know anywhere in Perth or online where I could buy Ernest and Julio Gallo White Grenache Rose wine??

It's my favourite! I'm not a big wine drinker but I really love this one and can't seem to find it anywhere. Have tried loads of online sites but I'm not sure anyone imports it to Oz? Have also tried emailing the vineyard but have received no reply!!

And before anyone comments, I know that Oz is famous for wine and there are loads of others out there but this is the one I like!

HELP PLEASE!!

Thanks
Jo
Old Apr 25th 2010, 3:35 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wine help needed!

Originally Posted by Elmo2552
Does anyone know anywhere in Perth or online where I could buy Ernest and Julio Gallo White Grenache Rose wine??

It's my favourite! I'm not a big wine drinker but I really love this one and can't seem to find it anywhere. Have tried loads of online sites but I'm not sure anyone imports it to Oz? Have also tried emailing the vineyard but have received no reply!!

And before anyone comments, I know that Oz is famous for wine and there are loads of others out there but this is the one I like!

HELP PLEASE!!

Thanks
Jo
You can't. When I first arrived it was all I drank in the UK. Try Hardys Rose, it is the nearest I could find that was similar. Also Brown Brothers sparkling rose is quite sweet too.
Old Apr 25th 2010, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I love the White Zinfandel but you can't get that here either, try a White Shiraz as I don't like Rose but White Shiraz is nearer to the Zinfandel and Grenache. Banrock Station do a sparkly one which is nice.

Only problem with Zinfandel is it is far tooooo easy to drink!

Going back to the UK in a few weeks so will look forward to a few bottles .hic!
Old Apr 25th 2010, 4:33 am
faf
Forum Regular

faf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nice

Originally Posted by koalakim
Hi

I love the White Zinfandel but you can't get that here either, try a White Shiraz as I don't like Rose but White Shiraz is nearer to the Zinfandel and Grenache. Banrock Station do a sparkly one which is nice.

Have you tried Dan Murphys?

Sara
Old Apr 25th 2010, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I looked in our local one but couldn't see it!
Old Apr 25th 2010, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Elmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to all

Gutted that you can't get it here

but kinda happy I have to try all those mentioned to find a new one
Old Apr 25th 2010, 11:36 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koalakim
Hi

Try Nepenthe wines Adelaide hills "sirenes Zinfandel 2006" a nice drop if you can get it......mm
Old Apr 26th 2010, 1:29 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elmo2552

HELP PLEASE!!

Thanks
Jo
You could spend loads of time trying out new ones! mmmmmmm... let me know if you need any help! I am thoughtful like that......

Em x
Old Apr 27th 2010, 9:36 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all
Default Wine help needed!

Hi,
What I would recommend is visiting all the local wine places then you can try a small amount and save buying a full bottle.
Also if you explain what you like one of the vineyards might know of a simular wine from the region.
Gary
Old Apr 27th 2010, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

There is a lovely cleanskin place in Kinglsey if you live nearby. They have lovely wines and I have had a couple of Rose from there. Not what you are looking for I know but may be worth a try!