Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Play football and she'll be right....

Play football and she'll be right....

Old Apr 27th 2010, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of
Default Play football and she'll be right....

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/...7815_news.html

I was amazed to hear that a footballer has been so lightly sentenced for carrying cocaine that he bought for somebody else (effectively trafficking) because his crime was balanced against "the good he has done for the community". What is $3000 to this guy? And who are his friends?

Does this mean that as long as I foster a few homeless children, help at the local wildlife rescue, and organise a massive community event to raise money for the people in WA hit by the earthquake I can become a prostitute (not that anyone would want to pay me) and print off a heap of false bank notes to pay my rego? How many community points does it take to allow you to help yourself to that lovely necklace you saw last week, or to sell an ounce of cannabis resin between a few mates for enough money to go the concert you wouldn't be able to get to otherwise...

What message does this give to kids who love sport here? If you become a celebrity, especially in sport, you get different treatment here. Hopefully Geelong will think about its audience and its obligation to youngsters, but I bet he ends up back in the game pretty quickly .

We jump up and down about drugs in the streets, but how seriously are we really taking them and how can we expect our kids to listen to us when the law is gutless? These are hard drugs we are talking about.

As they say here... c'mon Australia, grow some!! Anybody who gets involved in hard drugs in this position should know that it spells the end of their career - maybe then they'd think a bit harder first.

Vent over...
Old Apr 27th 2010, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Play football and she'll be right....

Ahhh, the status of the footie player... All bow down to the demi-god!
Same the world over methinks. They get away with murder (OJ Simpson anyone?) and we (well not me, I couldn't care less about footie!) still worship them.
Different rules for different people...