Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Willeton, Bull Creek & Rossmoyne

Willeton, Bull Creek & Rossmoyne

Old Nov 25th 2008, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Idlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really nice
Default Willeton, Bull Creek & Rossmoyne

Hi all, any comments from anyone settled or settling in this area have read a few positive comments re schools. I know lots of expats settle NOR but for work committments am looking closer to CBD. All advice gladly recieved Cheers
Old Nov 25th 2008, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Ant & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant future
Default Re: Willeton, Bull Creek & Rossmoyne

Originally Posted by Idlewood
Hi all, any comments from anyone settled or settling in this area have read a few positive comments re schools. I know lots of expats settle NOR but for work committments am looking closer to CBD. All advice gladly recieved Cheers
I used to live in Willetton and loved it, so close to everything really friendly people. My kids go to school in Willetton but all 3 areas are good Willetton and rossmoyne are very good shools and worth moving to the area for in my opinion. Hope this helps

Antoinette
Old Nov 26th 2008, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

nowthat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ant
I assume that your kids still go to schools in Willetton.
Why have you moved some place else since (unless it is, say, Rossmoyne, Riverton etc) it is not that convenient for your children to commute to schools in different area?
Are the children allowed to attend Willetton school(s) if you happen not to reside within the 'catchment' area?

Going back to the subject :

I personally would reccommend Bull Creek, it offers excellent combination of primary (Oberthur)/high (Rossmoyne) schooling (but be careful with location - north of Parry Ave) and close proximity to rail link to CBD. Disadvantage - expensive property, rental.
Other alternative would be obviously Rossmoyne but be prepared to pay top dollar as the houses there (ie north of Leach Hwy) are VERY expensive and distance to Bull Creek train station is considerable.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

pootash99 is an unknown quantity at this point

I lived near that location for nearly 25 years... All nice locations with decent schools. 5helley is also a nice suburb in that area. My sister still owns a hair dressers in that location.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

Ant & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nowthat
Hi Ant
I assume that your kids still go to schools in Willetton.
Why have you moved some place else since (unless it is, say, Rossmoyne, Riverton etc) it is not that convenient for your children to commute to schools in different area?
Are the children allowed to attend Willetton school(s) if you happen not to reside within the 'catchment' area?

Going back to the subject :

I personally would reccommend Bull Creek, it offers excellent combination of primary (Oberthur)/high (Rossmoyne) schooling (but be careful with location - north of Parry Ave) and close proximity to rail link to CBD. Disadvantage - expensive property, rental.
Other alternative would be obviously Rossmoyne but be prepared to pay top dollar as the houses there (ie north of Leach Hwy) are VERY expensive and distance to Bull Creek train station is considerable.

Hi

My children still go to school at Burrendah primary in Willetton and the reason we moved was so that we could get a bigger house for our money and that i could have a detached beauty salon at home which i have now. We are not far only in Riverton but for my money i managed to get a 5 bed house with detatched 2 room place in the back garden which is now the Beauty Salon. So far i have been lucky as I am out of the catchment area and hope the luck stays with me for high school.