Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

will we be able to go,daughter has chronic condtion

will we be able to go,daughter has chronic condtion

Old Jan 9th 2007, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

rachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura about
Default will we be able to go,daughter has chronic condtion

Hi to everyone, please can you help me with a tricky question, our daughter has cystic fibrosis and we have applies for a skilled visa to go to Cairns, we have been told we need a medical assesement done which we are currently doing. We are a family of five and realy have got our heart set on going, i am a nurse so also applying for jobs over there. Is anyone in a similar position? or any advice to give.
We realy hope it will happen for us, thanks in advance for any info
Old Jan 9th 2007, 11:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: will we be able to go,daughter has chronic condtion

Originally Posted by rachaey
Hi to everyone, please can you help me with a tricky question, our daughter has cystic fibrosis and we have applies for a skilled visa to go to Cairns, we have been told we need a medical assesement done which we are currently doing. We are a family of five and realy have got our heart set on going, i am a nurse so also applying for jobs over there. Is anyone in a similar position? or any advice to give.

I don't know the answer to this, but you really need to get an expert on board and ask them their opinion.

I see Peter Bollards name used a lot in these types of cases, so here's his website http://users.bigpond.net.au/onk/

I've also seen George Lombard say he has a medical expert in his team as well, so here's his site too http://www.austimmigration.com.au/site/
Old Jan 10th 2007, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

rachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura about

Hi Wendy,
Thankyou very much for the links i have sent them an email to see if they have any advice, i guess things are not looking good, but i will wait and see, i think this is an unsual scenario,
many thanks
Rachaey
Old Jan 10th 2007, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rachaey
From what I remember about medicals and assessment, the main thing they are looking for is whether or not a condition will be of considerable cost to the Australian government, now and in the future. I don't know what the care of a CF patient entails, so a good agent would be your best bet. Good luck.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice
Smile Re: will we be able to go,daughter has chronic condtion

Hi rachaey

I am really pleased to be able to tell you that my friends sister and her family arrive here next week with their PR visa !! Yipeee

Just as they were beginning the application process they discovered that their little girl has CF

My friend contacted the CF society in Australia and they told her that with the exception of a doctor who had been head hunted on a short contract no one to their knowledge had ever got in with CF (or with children with CF)

anyway they didnt give up and I think that was the key
they didnt use an agent just were very honest and supplied letters from her doctors to the doctor doing the medicals
anyway they got the visa last Autumn and as i say are arriving very soon

so pm me if you would like me to pass on your details to them when they get here
most of all good luck !!
Old Jan 11th 2007, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Can't offer any advice but just wanted to wish you the best of luck.