Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will UK PS3/Xbox360 work in Oz?

Will UK PS3/Xbox360 work in Oz?

Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light
Default Will UK PS3/Xbox360 work in Oz?

I'm thinking of getting a Playstation 3 or xbox 360 and just wondered whether they will work over in oz, as I don't want to get one then have to get rid of it as I'd like to keep it for a good few years.

I know the plug will be different, but will oz games work on them?

Thanks.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Will UK PS3/Xbox360 work in Oz?

I'm very sorry, my searching wasn't working, but now it has an I see this is a popular question.

Can a mod please delete this thread.

Very sorry!!!!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:12 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xzibit
I'm thinking of getting a Playstation 3 or xbox 360 and just wondered whether they will work over in oz, as I don't want to get one then have to get rid of it as I'd like to keep it for a good few years.

Thanks.
It will work no worries, but Oz PS3's are region coded.

Apparently the region code is on games aswell as dvd's.

We have ps3 oz version, and it will only play all region dvd's or oz region dvd's

Have spoken with Playstation, and they have also said, same applies to games...

So unless you have shitloads of uk games and dvd's .. dont bother

Get one here
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Thanks.
Do a search for playstation

Ive been told that sony are region free but x box will need to be unlocked or something.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au

We have ps3 oz version, and it will only play all region dvd's or oz region dvd's

Get one here
O crap, just got a new ps3.
Can you get them unlocked?
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Thanks.
I believe the ps3 is region free for GAMES ONLY and therefore it will play games from any country

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/697/697656p1.html

However it will still be region coded for film dvd's.......meaning you will only be able to watch region 2 - uk - dvd's.

As far as i know the xbox is region coded(both games and dvd) - therefore only good in uk if you buy it here.

If you have a large dvd collection from here in the uk then you could, i suppose, buy a uk ps3 but If it were me I would buy a multi region dvd player and get the ps3 in Oz.

Last edited by markandgill; Nov 20th 2007 at 10:36 am.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:21 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

What about the WII?
Anyone know if one from UK will work in oZ?
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by katsmajic
What about the WII?
Anyone know if one from UK will work in oZ?
I don't think so mate
Old Nov 20th 2007, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well thanks for all of the replies.

I had read that the PS3 games were region free, but wasn't sure.

So the games from Oz should work in a uk ps3, but the dvd's won't. That's ok, will have a dvd player anyway lol.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 12:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mum01753
Do a search for playstation

Ive been told that sony are region free but x box will need to be unlocked or something.
No, they don't need unlocking, x-box works fine here with Aus bought games too
Old Nov 20th 2007, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by curly
No, they don't need unlocking, x-box works fine here with Aus bought games too
Oh really?!?! Well that makes the decision harder now. Though the xbox is known for going wrong, I may just get the ps3.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light

Region 2 DVD's usually also carry the Region 4 coding (OZ)
Likewise Region 4 Carry Region 2

I have bought many DVD's from OZ for that very reason

Stu
Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stu Ward
Region 2 DVD's usually also carry the Region 4 coding (OZ)
Likewise Region 4 Carry Region 2

I have bought many DVD's from OZ for that very reason

Stu

First I heard of that Stu

If thats true then happy days
Old Nov 20th 2007, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

Tony TW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by markandgill
First I heard of that Stu

If thats true then happy days
A
Old Nov 20th 2007, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au

Get one here
PS3's are region free. I get my games from Hong Kong & USA (a lot cheaper) they all work fine on it. Have a DVD recorder to play DVD's so isn't an issue if they are coded....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.