Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will UK PS3/Xbox360 work in Oz?

Will UK PS3/Xbox360 work in Oz?

Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:18 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will UK PS3/Xbox360 work in Oz?

Originally Posted by mum01753
O crap, just got a new ps3.
Can you get them unlocked?
No unlocks available at the mo
Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:23 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
PS3's are region free. I get my games from Hong Kong & USA (a lot cheaper) they all work fine on it. Have a DVD recorder to play DVD's so isn't an issue if they are coded....
Okies game wise thats awesome.

However, as many hi-end users would agree, the main focus for aussies of the PS3 is for the Blu-ray player. HDMI out and its multibit handling of movies, and streaming ausio.

Hence we plopped for the PS3. Plus its pretty neat going on expats on a 110 inch screen in your media room.

If all you buy a ps3 for, is to play games, then yep.. no worries.

But if you wanna watch your extensive dvd collection, then get a PS3 in australia, along with a good quality multi region dvd player.

Some people will tell you that their 49 dollar dvd player is great !! But then again they are probably watching it re-runs of "the best of emmerdale farm" ona BEKO tv
Old Nov 21st 2007, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by xzibit
Oh really?!?! Well that makes the decision harder now. Though the xbox is known for going wrong, I may just get the ps3.
Yep we went through 3 xboxes had to keep sending em back on the third time i said thats it and went n got a ps3 no probs yet (fingers crossed)
Old Nov 21st 2007, 8:31 am
Pam
Forum Regular

Pam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by xzibit
I'm thinking of getting a Playstation 3 or xbox 360 and just wondered whether they will work over in oz, as I don't want to get one then have to get rid of it as I'd like to keep it for a good few years.

I know the plug will be different, but will oz games work on them?

Thanks.
Hi, we brought our uk ps3 and haven't tried oz games yet, But oz blu-ray disc spiderman 3 worked fine and hired Ghostrider from Blockbuster and that played too.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Well I think it's going to be a PS3, and take the risk on the blu-ray. I'm not buying it to watch dvd's really just the games.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Okies game wise thats awesome.

However, as many hi-end users would agree, the main focus for aussies of the PS3 is for the Blu-ray player. HDMI out and its multibit handling of movies, and streaming ausio.

Hence we plopped for the PS3. Plus its pretty neat going on expats on a 110 inch screen in your media room.

If all you buy a ps3 for, is to play games, then yep.. no worries.

But if you wanna watch your extensive dvd collection, then get a PS3 in australia, along with a good quality multi region dvd player.

Some people will tell you that their 49 dollar dvd player is great !! But then again they are probably watching it re-runs of "the best of emmerdale farm" ona BEKO tv
Have to now note that not all PS3's have the bluray drive.....so may not actually be an issue for some.
Personally find my sony dvd player works very well on my sony tv? All bought 2nd hand saving mega £'s as a certain amount of snobbery is going on with regard to having the latest thing. Also picked up my PS3 off ebay was a month old, bloke must have lost £80 to £90 on it, but not complaining. Throw away societies eh
Old Nov 21st 2007, 10:11 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Have to now note that not all PS3's have the bluray drive.....so may not actually be an issue for some.
Personally find my sony dvd player works very well on my sony tv? All bought 2nd hand saving mega £'s as a certain amount of snobbery is going on with regard to having the latest thing. Also picked up my PS3 off ebay was a month old, bloke must have lost £80 to £90 on it, but not complaining. Throw away societies eh
I wasnt aware that PS3's came with or without BLURAY, I thought it was a standardised feature...

Hmm weird.. im usually up on this stuff

Irrespective of where you buy stuff from, the issue is buying quality ! Its amazing what some ppl will sell stuff for, but then thats where ebay scores.. long as you dont get burnt
Old Nov 21st 2007, 10:15 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Pam
Hi, we brought our uk ps3 and haven't tried oz games yet, But oz blu-ray disc spiderman 3 worked fine and hired Ghostrider from Blockbuster and that played too.
lol youve tried 2 disks?? Blu-Ray is currently region free anyway

There will always be exceptions, that is usually, because you are watching a ALL REGIONS dvd.

The PS3 at this present time, will not broadcast any other region DVD other than Australia or ALL REGIONS.

No shit, no guess work, it dont happen, at this time... dont believe me then do a search on Google... better still, speak to Playstation..

Even hardware modifications are being ruled out..

and to answer a similar query in a.n.other post, the DVD rom within a PC, is and has been on most NON OEM makes, region encoded for some time

Last edited by Timber Floor Au; Nov 21st 2007 at 10:21 am.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 10:21 am
Banned

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/arc...p/t-48566.html