Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will The Tv Work?

Will The Tv Work?

Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:40 pm
Lee N Liz

raiz has a spectacular aura aboutraiz has a spectacular aura aboutraiz has a spectacular aura about
Default Will The Tv Work?

hi all

quick question re my tv.

i believe the power is the same over there just an adaption on the plug.
but is there an issue with the tv format?
pal or ntsc thingy...
or will it be ok?

many thanks
raiz
Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:36 pm

hutchy59 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will The Tv Work?

From what I can gather your tv will not work so what you have to do is buy a Ozzy vid and conect it up using scart leads and everything should be hunky dory

Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

With us we got a picture but no sound, you can get a aussie video and do it that way or pay around $70 to get it fixed. We just brought a new one and will get the original one sorted when we move into our own house
Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by raiz
hi all

quick question re my tv.

pal or ntsc thingy...
or will it be ok?

many thanks
raiz

Ours worked fine. Just changed the plug and tuned it in. No problems at all.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

hi all

quick question re my tv.

pal or ntsc thingy...
or will it be ok?

many thanks
raiz
After some fiddling, retuning and changing the frequency our 1 year old Toshiba gets a great picture but no sound. However once I wire in our UK DVD player we get perfect sound. I had emailed Toshiba in the UK and they said it would not work. There are many conflicting stories on here (do a Search as there are many useful threads on this topic) but my advice would be to bring what you have. It may work, you may need to connect in a DVD player and if not you could use it to play DVD's or Video's on.

Good luck.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

barry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nice

hi all

quick question re my tv.

pal or ntsc thingy...
or will it be ok?

many thanks
raiz
Hi Have just answered a similar thread asking same. Our Toshiba (6/7 years old ) Rear Projector works fine. You will get a picture. As for sound you will need to access menu set up and switch ( if you have the option ) to PAL B/G which is the Australian system as opposed to PAL I or NTSC (US) etc

Hope this works for you all

Barry