Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will have to Leaving Oz while visa is issued...!

Will have to Leaving Oz while visa is issued...!

Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Bailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to all
Default Will have to Leaving Oz while visa is issued...!

Hello everyone, My OH & I will be flying into Sydney in the middle of July. We plan to spend the 5 weeks prior to that travelling around Asia.

We have applied for visa 175 (from outside Oz). When we enter Oz we will be using a working holiday visa(WHV) as the 175 will most likely not have been issued by then.
As we have applied for the 175 outside of Oz we will have to leave the country while they are issuing the visa. They reckon this should only take a week. We plan on going to NZ for this time.

Just wondering if anyone else has done this and has any advice for us?
Or if anyone has any info for us about sydney and which suburbs are nice, close to the centre and not too expensive?
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Will have to Leaving Oz while visa is issued...!

I'm also interested in this answer, as if I get the chance to apply for a 176 (succsesful RPL pending), me and the misses are likely to do the same. Go on a WHV first and then wait over there for the visa and take an extended holiday first.

Go luck with your visa app btw
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Bailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AndyR
I'm also interested in this answer, as if I get the chance to apply for a 176 (succsesful RPL pending), me and the misses are likely to do the same. Go on a WHV first and then wait over there for the visa and take an extended holiday first.

Thanks. We are waiting on a reply for the whm. We applied on Thurs 3rd April and no reply yet. It says it takes 6-10 working days(I think). When do you think you will be heading over?
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry if this sounds silly but what is the RPL?
Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

Hi

I had to go to NZ to get my visa issued. Despite writing to the immigration people in NZ and phoning them up prior to my arrival, they still managed to mess me around. I kept on being to told to come back tomorrow. This went on for 5 days but in the end, all was well. The visa was issued and I arrived back in Australia without any trouble.

Hopefully this has changed and the immigration department has lifted their game in the past 13 years, but I would not relay on a quick fly in, fly out with visa.

Barney
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bailey1
Sorry if this sounds silly but what is the RPL?
Its called Recognition of Prior Learning. Its the skills assesment for people in IT who have no certifications or degree's, but lots of work experience. I had to write down what I have learnt during my whole career into a number of categories. Took me 2 months and came out at 102 pages so I just hope it gets approved from this
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by POW148
Hi

I had to go to NZ to get my visa issued. Despite writing to the immigration people in NZ and phoning them up prior to my arrival, they still managed to mess me around. I kept on being to told to come back tomorrow. This went on for 5 days but in the end, all was well. The visa was issued and I arrived back in Australia without any trouble.

Hopefully this has changed and the immigration department has lifted their game in the past 13 years, but I would not relay on a quick fly in, fly out with visa.

Barney
God thats awful. This sort of stuff really stresses me out. We will both be taking a weeks holidays from our work. So not only will we have to take them(the holiday) at a minutes notice but we can't tell them for sure when we will be coming back.....! Its messy. Its not too bad for me as I plan on doing temp work initially but hope my Oh's (future)company understand.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Its called Recognition of Prior Learning. Its the skills assesment for people in IT who have no certifications or degree's, but lots of work experience. I had to write down what I have learnt during my whole career into a number of categories. Took me 2 months and came out at 102 pages so I just hope it gets approved from this
That sounds awful, U poor thing. Thank God we had fairly straight forward application. I am going as a de facto partner so it was my Oh who had everything to prove - yet somehow I still happened to end up doing most of it....Weird, huh?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bailey1
That sounds awful, U poor thing. Thank God we had fairly straight forward application. I am going as a de facto partner so it was my Oh who had everything to prove - yet somehow I still happened to end up doing most of it....Weird, huh?
I suppose I can't complain cause if it wasn't for his degree then we wouldn't be going anywhere!