Old Mar 6th 2003, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wild on the outback

This programme has just started on sky travel extra,
maybe worth a watch.
Old Mar 7th 2003, 1:39 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wild on the outback

Originally posted by karen and andy
This programme has just started on sky travel extra,
maybe worth a watch.
The only outback most see is here is the backyard , they should try wild on suburbia much more an inslight into Australia , guys with beer bellys shorts and flip flops downing tinnies while stinking out the place with a BBQ .
Streets with burnt rubber marks on the road thanks to local lads doing burn outs way into the night, light painted walls which are great for graffiti artists to brigthen up the place.
Home after home of cut green lawns with the odd wild life couple who prefer to dump old cars on theirs , maybe a study into the real wild life an Aussie male look but keep a safe distance not yet tame enought to feed out of your hand and best kept caged and chained , his female partner can be charmed with jugs of beer but the tounge only gets around 4 letter words so beware of bites.

Old Mar 7th 2003, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

I think it's wonderful that you have such a positive insight about the aussies, especially as you must be such a perfect person who has made the right choices in life. Is that why you are coming back to the uk.

Keep miserable

karen
Old Mar 7th 2003, 6:44 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by karen and andy
I think it's wonderful that you have such a positive insight about the aussies, especially as you must be such a perfect person who has made the right choices in life. Is that why you are coming back to the uk.

Keep miserable

karen
I have at lest have one eye open and in the land of the blind a one eyed man is king.
I return for better reasons than I had to immigrate , happy hour is nearing no time to be miserable .

Old Mar 7th 2003, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
....I have at lest have one eye open and in the land of the blind a one eyed man is king...
Quite brilliant! - incisive and witty!
Originally posted by pommie bastard
I return for better reasons than I had to immigrate , happy hour is nearing no time to be miserable.
Just hope you've done a little more research than you obviously did when you decided to go to Oz

Just out of interest, do you display your comic talents on other boards aswell, or is this newsgroup truly privelaged to have an 'exclusive'?
Old Mar 7th 2003, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

PB
its okay having one eye but if its full of shi! your in no better position.

karen
Old Mar 9th 2003, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Old pommie does have a point about all these outback doco's. Most aussies see more of the couch than the bush. Australia is a very suburban country. You must laugh tho, one of those docos, a few years back had some sex god lookalike called Alby, always wrestling snakes, crocs etc, only trouble was tho he was rumbled when sprung filming and most of them were stuffed props.
Old Mar 9th 2003, 5:58 am
Banned

Thylacoleo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty
Old pommie does have a point about all these outback doco's. Most aussies see more of the couch than the bush. Australia is a very suburban country. You must laugh tho, one of those docos, a few years back had some sex god lookalike called Alby, always wrestling snakes, crocs etc, only trouble was tho he was rumbled when sprung filming and most of them were stuffed props.
Maybe some would take a punt on country life?

Frustration over skill shortage (Yorke Peninsula, S.A.)

Have to be able to appreciate the really quiet life and / or join golf, bowling, footy, cricket clubs etc or like fishing, camping etc.
Old Mar 9th 2003, 11:09 pm
Banned

Originally posted by young_lad
Quite brilliant! - incisive and witty!

Just hope you've done a little more research than you obviously did when you decided to go to Oz

Just out of interest, do you display your comic talents on other boards aswell, or is this newsgroup truly privelaged to have an 'exclusive'?
Only got 7.5 hours a day to fill in at work be about right , try this "life is something you do while planing something else" ring a bell?