Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

"Lifestyle" or "Immigration" - your choice

"Lifestyle" or "Immigration" - your choice

Old Mar 6th 2003, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

pommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant future
Default "Lifestyle" or "Immigration" - your choice

If those people who are moaning about the "negative" posts on this forum don`t like it, and just want "information" - why don`t they just log onto the "immigration" section instead?

The "lifestyle" forum is bound to contain more subjective (negative and positive) posts, which is good, in my view.

I too am getting increasingly fed up with one or two pathetic , childish individuals (Pankala mostly) but wouldn`t want to stop the likes of PB and others who post negative comments.
Old Mar 6th 2003, 3:58 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Lifestyle" or "Immigration" - your choice

Originally posted by pommiesheila
If those people who are moaning about the "negative" posts on this forum don`t like it, and just want "information" - why don`t they just log onto the "immigration" section instead?

The "lifestyle" forum is bound to contain more subjective (negative and positive) posts, which is good, in my view.

I too am getting increasingly fed up with one or two pathetic , childish individuals (Pankala mostly) but wouldn`t want to stop the likes of PB and others who post negative comments.
I mind not if you think me childish but I do think pankala was trying irony as a way to get debate moving which back fired , he has grown tired of it and I must get down to my incressing work load or face the sack.
Could we replace negative with the word objective its a better more easy to wear label.

Old Mar 6th 2003, 5:02 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm going to adopt this attitude.

The Lifestyle forum will not be moderated by me. It's going to be free for all here. I will not enforce any rules or regulations as far as I'm concerned.

Childish slanging match? Let the participants play it out - it'll be none of my business.

PB, I apologize if I've removed some of your interesting posts. Since the mood of the forum seems to indicate that your posts are of value, I shall leave it as that.

Don't bother reporting any posts to the moderator on this forum - unless Paul (John, the administrator) decides to do anything about those reported posts, I will take no action. Paul (Read, the other moderator) will probably not participate actively for now.

Happy reading.
Old Mar 6th 2003, 5:49 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I feel emancipated! Free at last to express thoughts and opinions, stimulate intellectual debate, exchange of free thinking!!

So here goes,

That ****, he's a right ******* **** and doesn't know his **** from his ******* *****. If I ever see his ******* big **** round this ******* forum I'll **** his ****** little ******!
Old Mar 6th 2003, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

pommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant future

Originally posted by ptlabs

The Lifestyle forum will not be moderated by me. It's going to be free for all here. I will not enforce any rules or regulations as far as I'm concerned.

Childish slanging match? Let the participants play it out - it'll be none of my business.

PB, I apologize if I've removed some of your interesting posts. Since the mood of the forum seems to indicate that your posts are of value, I shall leave it as that.

Don't bother reporting any posts to the moderator on this forum - unless Paul (John, the administrator) decides to do anything about those reported posts, I will take no action. Paul (Read, the other moderator) will probably not participate actively for now.

Happy reading.
I`m being nosey here - what are you doing in Singapore???
Old Mar 6th 2003, 10:34 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Happy reading.
Its very nice that I get your attention even if I am not worthly , when you become a big boy it will become clear that theres a fine line between keeping order and trying to create one.
I hope you carry on wiser and more level headed we all live and learn also the saying live and let live comes in.
I personally want you to carry on with a less heavy more healthy attitude.
Good Luck.

Old Mar 6th 2003, 10:57 pm
Banned

Originally posted by sully4441
PB,
I've no problems with your coments or posts. Some people post things almost asking for one of your 'pearls of wisdom', but whether it's you or a.n.other, I can't see the need to reply to almost everything. Like it or not, as soon as your name appears on a post you attract comments. If the thread is like this one where its an open forum for thought on a multitude of ideas, thats okay, but when you post a negative reply to the most innocuous of questions, there goes the thread. I'm talking about self censorship, at least think twice before posting.
Keep smiling!
LMS
I take it this is some kind of slap on my fat legs I do understand your point and will pull my head in but have you thought out why the PB trade mark attracts attention yet ?

Old Mar 7th 2003, 12:48 am
Banned

Originally posted by sully4441
PB, I'm not the moderator, nor would I do it, this has been a useful resource for me so far, be a shame to lose it.

The answer to your question? Theres only so many times you can read about 'whats wogga Wogga like?' before it becomes tedious. Still enjoy your posts though (mostly)
LMS
I had some feed back from a friend who's best mate started an expat site in Perth it failed because of lack of hits , they love PB and wish that he had infested their site .
I do pick holes in the dreamers because it levels out the naive comments , but the banters good for this site too , people either run off with their tails between their legs or stand up and be counted all debate creates a forum.

Old Mar 7th 2003, 11:43 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pommiesheila
I`m being nosey here - what are you doing in Singapore???
I work and live here, while waiting for my Oz visa.

Peter
Old Mar 10th 2003, 3:40 am
Banned

I work and live here, while waiting for my Oz visa.

Peter
You will do well here son they love over regulation , the countries full of jobs worths.