Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wifes back from shopping

Wifes back from shopping

Old May 11th 2006, 7:11 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wifes back from shopping

Wife has come back from a days shopping.

I should of been suspicious when she offered me a beer

1679 Dryer
1648 Washing Machine
40 Delivery Charge
655 Dyson vacum cleaner - (what are these for? )
140 Iron
49 Dryer
74 Kettle
999 Fridge (420L Westinghouse)
1471 TV (Thats okay )
220 Printer (thats also okay work reimbursing)
120 Oil heater for daughters room
120 Oil heater for our room (pity I thought of other ways to keep warm)
499 Stereo (still think she should of waited for me to see this item)

I cant bear to add this up

Have cut up credit card and sending change of address:

Somewhere in South America
Old May 11th 2006, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wifes back from shopping

Originally Posted by thebears

1679 Dryer
1648 Washing Machine
40 Delivery Charge
140 Iron
49 Dryer
74 Kettle
1471 TV (Thats okay )

Shamed on you for not having taken the day off to help her! She forgot to buy some shoes for herself, didn't she?

Mrs JTL
Old May 11th 2006, 7:25 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Shamed on you for not having taken the day off to help her! She forgot to buy some shoes for herself, didn't she?

Mrs JTL
Please please dont mention shoes

We gave away about 30 pairs of expensive ladies dress shoes - that were still in the wrapping from the store.

But the beer was nice and I'm chilled.
Old May 11th 2006, 7:29 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

make the most of posting on here, because once that stuff arrives you better get the washing, ironing, hoovering etc done, as your lovely wife will have to pop out again for those (as Mrs JTL points out) new shoes. Then upon her return I'm sure she will want a rest and put her feet (to show off one of the pairs of new shoes) up in front of the TV, at which point you should have a cuppa tea waiting for her
Old May 11th 2006, 8:44 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

WTF kind of washing machine and dryer did she get FFS

I got all me white goods etc for less than those 2 items put together lol

Check the wardrobe fir new clothes.

Oh aye and if I paid that amount for two items I would be tellin them to **** off with the delivery char ge
Old May 11th 2006, 8:47 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

ESSENTIALS!!! FFS BLOODY MEN !!!!!!!!!

Donna.
Old May 11th 2006, 9:07 am
Melbourne Australia

Originally Posted by biggy
WTF kind of washing machine and dryer did she get FFS

I got all me white goods etc for less than those 2 items put together lol

Check the wardrobe fir new clothes.

Oh aye and if I paid that amount for two items I would be tellin them to **** off with the delivery char ge
Prices were Australian Dollars you mean she could of got them cheaper :scared: The washing machine she was going for was 2499 but got a "shop soiled" one. Condenser dryers seem to be quite expensive but what do I know I'm just the man

Delivery charge apparently also includes storage because we may not be moving into rental for another few weeks.
Old May 11th 2006, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond repute

Mr Bear,

unless you want to live in a cold, dusty house with no fresh food, and wear dirted, unwashed and unironed clothes, I suggest you pay up with a smile on your face and tell her she did well. Otherwise, that nice new iron could be coming straight for your head She did think of you too and got a nice t.v. and stereo
Old May 11th 2006, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

hedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to behold

Prices were Australian Dollars you mean she could of got them cheaper :scared: The washing machine she was going for was 2499 but got a "shop soiled" one. Condenser dryers seem to be quite expensive but what do I know I'm just the man

Delivery charge apparently also includes storage because we may not be moving into rental for another few weeks.
Dear god are you honestly saying that it is over one thousand pounds for a washing machine. I have expensive taste and only buy the best when it comes to appliances, but I think even I would gasp out loud at that price. I may have to look at some previous threads and go and buy everything new and ship to OZ. Bugger I was taking nothing with us..
Old May 11th 2006, 11:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hedgehog
Dear god are you honestly saying that it is over one thousand pounds for a washing machine. I have expensive taste and only buy the best when it comes to appliances, but I think even I would gasp out loud at that price. I may have to look at some previous threads and go and buy everything new and ship to OZ. Bugger I was taking nothing with us..
Nah you can get wahing machines much cheaper, $700 or less, but you get exactly what you pay for, we have a LG fridge, side by side thing, $1200 odd, so cheap, after just 18 months the motor whirrsssss like a flaming plane half the night, the $700 washing machine the same, rocks the house its only 18 months old too, cheap stuff is really and truly made in china rubbish.

Dryers you can get the old style bangers for $300 but the condensor ones are a new invention here, very expensive. Seriously tho if you buy the old banger type, only use when at home, our mates blew up while only their 13 year old was at home, about one third of the house burnt out. They can still laugh tho, it blew just as the kid popped a microwave burger in
Old May 11th 2006, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hedgehog
You can get things a lot cheaper than that, dont panic.
washing machine 700 dollars, front loader, 7.5 Harvey Norman
Fridge freezer stainless steel, $2000 Harvey Norman
Dishwasher $800 Harvey Norman
Vacuum cleaner $200 Harvey Norman
Just shop around, and you will always get discount.
Denise
Old May 11th 2006, 1:43 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=cranni]You can get things a lot cheaper than that, dont panic.
Denise[/QUOTE

So which store was it that you did your shopping around then, Denise

Jim
Old May 11th 2006, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Jimclevs]
Originally Posted by cranni
You can get things a lot cheaper than that, dont panic.
Denise[/QUOTE

So which store was it that you did your shopping around then, Denise

Jim

naw, there are always some Good Guys about to get a bargain for ye
Old May 11th 2006, 2:04 pm
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

1679 Dryer
1648 Washing Machine
40 Delivery Charge
140 Iron
49 Dryer
74 Kettle
1471 TV (Thats okay )

$7714 or £3196.74. Just in case you changed your mind about wanting to know.
Old May 11th 2006, 2:19 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

1679 Dryer
1648 Washing Machine
40 Delivery Charge
140 Iron
49 Dryer
74 Kettle
1471 TV (Thats okay )

You bought all that & they charged you for delivery? I would have told them to deliver for free. $1679 for a dryer! sounds expensive to me, is it gold plated?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.