Whyalla

Old Sep 14th 2007, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Muzz59 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whyalla

I have chance of a job in Whyalla as a chef, anyone know what the area is like ? I have teenage children and a wife
Old Sep 15th 2007, 1:12 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whyalla

Originally Posted by Muzz59
I have chance of a job in Whyalla as a chef, anyone know what the area is like ? I have teenage children and a wife
http://www.whyalla.com/site/page.cfm
About 4 hours easy drive north of Adelaide, place is taking off due to the Roxby downs mine expansion, also the huge port Bonython Gas Facility.Home to the ONESTEEL magnatite mill.
I would live there if i had to, as it has some of the best fishing in Australia........mm
Old Sep 15th 2007, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm the opposite to Mr M., you couldn't pay me enough to live there and that is as an older person. As a teenager you would have had to drag me there kicking and screaming.

With your skills there are likely lots of fabulous places you could go where they are more likely to appreciate a decent feed.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 3:32 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vicky88
I'm the opposite to Mr M., you couldn't pay me enough to live there and that is as an older person. As a teenager you would have had to drag me there kicking and screaming.

With your skills there are likely lots of fabulous places you could go where they are more likely to appreciate a decent feed.
The place is a lot more affluent, now than the 90,s when it became a dumping ground for the "housing trust"...........mm
Old Sep 15th 2007, 8:09 am
Stuart and Carolann

stu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant future

If it was me, I would not go anywhere near the place. A member of my staff was raised there and she could not wait to leave has a high rate of single teenage mothers so she tells me. However, it is beginning to thrive, so good chance to get in before it gets too expensive.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 8:59 am
Banned

Originally Posted by stu-carol
If it was me, I would not go anywhere near the place. A member of my staff was raised there and she could not wait to leave has a high rate of single teenage mothers so she tells me. However, it is beginning to thrive, so good chance to get in before it gets too expensive.
That is what i was refering to in my previous post, the Housing trust had a lot of vacant houses there, so in their wisdom they offered these to Single Parents, at cheap rent.
So then all the boy friends and hanger on' s moved there creating a very feral society, of drug abuse and social welfare, but that was in the early 90,s.
The place now is booming due to all the development in the area , no wonder they need chefs, as hotels are being built and refurbished at a fast rate .....mm