Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why So Many Speedos?

Why So Many Speedos?

Old Aug 25th 2003, 11:19 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why So Many Speedos?

I do enjoy the outdoor life here and go surfing regularly. There is one very disturbing feature of beach life. Voluntary jogging in speedos (known as sluggos or budgy smugglers here).

It isn't just old farts as well.

Just be warned and protect your kiddies from the disturbing local .sights
Old Aug 25th 2003, 11:36 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Why So Many Speedos?

Originally posted by bondipom
I do enjoy the outdoor life here and go surfing regularly. There is one very disturbing feature of beach life. Voluntary jogging in speedos (known as sluggos or budgy smugglers here).

It was originally set up by the Australian Government to deter kiwis from arriving at Bondi beach illegally. It worked very effectively through the '60s and '70s and kiwi illegal immigration plummeted.

Now we just get gay kiwis. Go figure...
Old Aug 25th 2003, 12:24 pm
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice

None down here in SA that I've seen since I got here in May.

I did see a young woman last week jogging on the beach in a one piece swimming cosy and a beach towel. Me ?, well I was wearing about 4 layers of warm and waterproof gear.

I had ducted air-con put into my house today, more for heating that cooling. I must say, conditioned air is much nicer... it's softer, shinier and more manageable for a start.
Old Aug 25th 2003, 1:50 pm
Badge

Yeah there are a lot of Speedos in Australia. My mate, aged 44 wear them but its no big deal. In the UK it is a crime!! There was an article in the Sun fairly recently. To me it is part of the uptightness in the UK. People worry too much.

It depends on how fit you are. If you've got it, then why worry. Seems only skinny or fat blokes need to worry about looking stupid. I address the dilemma by wearing rugby league shorts.

My problem is I've got typical rugby player's legs so the massive baggy ones which lads wear over here just make me look fat. (and the gf likes me to show them off!)

badgers

Last edited by badgersmount; Aug 25th 2003 at 1:56 pm.

Old Aug 25th 2003, 8:23 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by welshpom
None down here in SA that I've seen since I got here in May.

I did see a young woman last week jogging on the beach in a one piece swimming cosy and a beach towel. Me ?, well I was wearing about 4 layers of warm and waterproof gear.

I had ducted air-con put into my house today, more for heating that cooling. I must say, conditioned air is much nicer... it's softer, shinier and more manageable for a start.
try maslins beach they dont wear anything,.....:scared: MM
Old Aug 25th 2003, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

I need a picture. Don't know what you mean.

Whisky
Old Aug 26th 2003, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Blimey Queensland must have moved on, you wear board shorts up here unless you are Gay.

Worst sight tho is rather large women with cellulite wearing G-Strings. It makes you want to puke.
Old Aug 26th 2003, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Worst sight tho is rather large women with cellulite wearing G-Strings. It makes you want to puke. [/QUOTE]
========================

'specially if they haven't waxed!!!!!
Old Aug 26th 2003, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Clear out your PM box Diane!! If you're not too pickled!!
Old Aug 26th 2003, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

beetroot or onions? I'm WAITING!
Old Aug 26th 2003, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

So funny di and loopy !!! We must meet for coffee girls and compare notes !!!
Joanne
Old Aug 26th 2003, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Sounds good to me but I reckon t'other one would prefer a bottle or two instead!!

Loopy
Old Aug 26th 2003, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Loopy
Sounds good to me but I reckon t'other one would prefer a bottle or two instead!!

====================
What you talkin' about Willis? (in a distinctly "Arnold" accent)
Old Aug 26th 2003, 7:57 am
owieb

I've got a pair and wear them under my wetsuit! I used to go commando, but got fed up of getting my bits 'sandpapered' when out surfing!

Don't jog along the beach in them, mainly because the letters have fell off and they now say 'pee o'.

Old Aug 26th 2003, 8:05 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I did a corporate triathlon and got a pair for that and have found them useful for under the wetsuit.

But the sight of ball bags under lycra is not pleasant when sun bathing or going for a walk.

I don't mind the local white pointers though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.