Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why Are So Many Going Or Not Posting?

Wikiposts

Why Are So Many Going Or Not Posting?

Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:31 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: lets not let our morals slip

Originally Posted by G'Day
Sorry ducky, I don't want to join the duck hunting, but you really have to get a grip on yourself. Flutter's avatar was not offensive in the least, you are welcome to your opinion off course, but this is MY opinion. There are women jogging out here in Australia who wear less than that so are you one of those mums who rolls the car because you're trying to cover juniors eyes when someone in a short skirt walks by?

Hi G'day, just wondered if you could tell me where these joggers are in Melbourne.

Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:31 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The A Team
Well you offended me with the title you had written under your name when I first logged on this morning which is why I complained about you.

I'm pleased to see the mod agreed with me as you've changed it now.

It was far, far worse than a pair of cartoon 'flutterscutters.'
must admit, I found that offensive too and also reported it...
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:32 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Not Bugs Bunny I hope.
Bugs Bunny was a bloke, did he ever have a girlfriend?
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Are So Many Going Or Not Posting?

I DID read it Hevs and I reckon it only became heated after HUP called PUK Dr Jekkyl and told PUK "Didn't say anything to you directly. YOU choose to read that I am arguing with you. I am not because YOU are not worth it.". Personally, if someone had said that to me I'd get pissed off too!
Yeah after she'd said.....
And as for an argument with you HUP.

Can't be arsed.

I did say that
As far as Matt was concerned she wasn't worth it after she mortally offended a friend of ours on here by accusing her of marrying an Aussie to get a visa.

That thread was disgusting and he chose never to speak to her directly after that.

SHE provoked him on this occasion and chose to carry it on in public when she asked for pm's.

I stuck up for her many times on here because i liked her nice side. The vitriol was more than nasty though
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The A Team
Well you offended me with the title you had written under your name when I first logged on this morning which is why I complained about you.

I'm pleased to see the mod agreed with me as you've changed it now.

It was far, far worse than a pair of cartoon 'flutterscutters.'
Yip saw that and agree. Think ducky needs to wind their neck in a bit
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:33 am
Professional Princess

Top Cat and Pepi le phew or whatever his name was, they were damn sexy creatures too if my mammary oops, sorry, memory serves me.

Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by walla1
that's what I said in a shorter version earlier
Ok...Well said Walla
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:34 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Top Cat and Pepi le phew or whatever his name was, they were damn sexy creatures too if my mammary oops, sorry, memory serves me.

I always fancied Fred from Scooby Doo!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bordy
Hi G'day, just wondered if you could tell me where these joggers are in Melbourne.

Hi Bordy, just go down to the beach between Mordialloc & Blackrock in the morning - take coffee with because you might be there for a while
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
eeeeyyoouuuuu
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Ive stayed out of this until now.

Fuzzy Duck I dont know you, but are you really serious that the cartoon was offensive?

You see what worries me about this forum, is that we have to modify what we say for children.

I think there are enough forums for kids and kids alone and I dont feel that parts BE suitable for kids.

My stories or some of them, are very rude and I dont want to or will not, modify my behaviour for children.

Where do we draw the line in what we post? What is acceptable for one person may offend someone elses because their kid reads it.

If the avatar was of someones genitals then fine but it wasnt.

If this forum was based and centred in an Islamic country, then fine. But its not.

An avatar is a personal choice. Some might get offended at beautiful sexy women used as avatars.

One member has an avatar of a woman in a catsuit with a whip. Ive had sexy avatar pictures before.

In photo post, anything goes, children probably go in there too.

I know this site has rules and regulations with regards to sexual innuendo, pictures and the deliberate action of offending people.

But I think it is a sad day that we have to censor what we post purely for the kids.

And in the great scheme of things, bouncing breasts as an avatar, is not really offensive is it.

Before anyone calls me racist or insensitive to religious and cultural beliefs, don't. My husband is an Arab, doesnt practice his religion and has a healthy opinion and beliefs on nudity and the body mother nature gave us.

Also a good guideline for what you let your children see and not see, if it offends you, then don't let your kids see it.

But whilst I will not go out of my way to upset anyone and try not to offend people, I resent the fact that my writing could be censored.
PP is it really Fuzy ducks fault though? I too think it totally ridiculous to get an avatar banned unless really obscene, and none should be banned for having one. Fuzy duck has the right to complain to the mods about them but it’s the mods that actually carry out the whole judge, jury and executioner thing. My pet hate on here is threads being closed, threads will close themselves through natural selection. If people don’t like what FD has to say then just ignore him, don’t have a go at him.

For my two pennies worth, all censorship is bad, Basically what makes anyone more moral or righteous to decide what I as an adult that can work the off switch, see, watch, listen to, play or read.

I suspect the real reason the mods are closing threads and accounts is that sadly nowdays once someone has put a complaint in writing and the recipient has not done anything about it, and if the subject matter is sex, sexism, racism or any other politically correct subject. Then the recipient is liable to litigation. One reason I left the UK was when the UK gov brought in a law whereby I as an employee could get fined for having door knobs instead of door handles as this could be construed as discriminating against a disabled person at interview.

And as for Fuzy duck complaining about it in the first place, Its actions like this that make the world such an anal PC place to live in.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hevs
Yeah after she'd said.....

As far as Matt was concerned she wasn't worth it after she mortally offended a friend of ours on here by accusing her of marrying an Aussie to get a visa.

That thread was disgusting and he chose never to speak to her directly after that.

SHE provoked him on this occasion and chose to carry it on in public when she asked for pm's.

I stuck up for her many times on here because i liked her nice side. The vitriol was more than nasty though
HEVS, quite frankly I couldn't give a rats arse WHY he was annoyed with her. IMHO he brought it over to a thread that had nothing to do with the issue. I understand you sticking up for your man & hope he appreciates it BIG time (she loves you HUP ) but I was there, didn't and still don't know either of the two, and this is how I read it - she was ambigious, he was obvious.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bridiej
That's just plain weird, and I'm complaining about your location- thats very rude, and as for www.expatsinwa.nk what the hells that about !

If I put banned under my name will I gain an air of superiority?

Just wondered, how many banned people are paid up members?

Have fun

G.

Last edited by Gjn200; Sep 1st 2005 at 12:46 am.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:46 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

I've got to leave now so thanks for the laugh.

my nose tell me Ducky Fuzz is a troll, time will tell.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:48 am
High in the Dandenongs

HEVS, quite frankly I couldn't give a rats arse WHY he was annoyed with her. IMHO he brought it over to a thread that had nothing to do with the issue. I understand you sticking up for your man & hope he appreciates it BIG time (she loves you HUP ) but I was there, didn't and still don't know either of the two, and this is how I read it - she was ambigious, he was obvious.
See it as you will. Everyones entitled to their own opinion. Just cos you were "there" doesn't alter what was written.

To the comment of bringing things over, A. because he was provoked, as i said he wasn't even aiming anything to her in the first place and B. because he's seen it all before to many times unfortunately, the two personalities......thats all....

As for not giving a rats arse, the two of you have something in common then

And thats my last word on the subject cos I'm beginning to think i sound ridiculous and childish

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.