Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why Are So Many Going Or Not Posting?

Wikiposts

Why Are So Many Going Or Not Posting?

Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of
Default Re: Why Are So Many Going Or Not Posting?

Originally Posted by Bix
Quite right G'day.......and my opinion is................

I DON"T LIKE THE DUCK
And you are very welcome to your opinion Bix.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:21 am
Professional Princess

Default Re: lets not let our morals slip

Originally Posted by sloake
At last some one with some sense... totally agree, cant give you karma though.. got to spread it around (doesnt that sound rude...)

One day people with kids, will take responsability for what they see on the internet, by controlling their kids, rather than the rest of the world having to censor itself.. I think its called Parental Control... something sadly lacking..

I just dont get it.

I read about this woman who took her kid into a pub late at night and complained people swore!!!!

I know people that merrily use the TV as a baby sitter!

If children are allowed freerange roaming over the internet, then you have to accept the side effects of that.

I know BE is for everyone, Im just saying that parts of it are not suitable for young kids.

Bad language can be posted anywhere at anytime on any site, how do you make it child friendly and how do you sort it to make it 'suitable' for different age groups?

Do we reduce the intellect to suit the average 7 year old?

I so cannot believe that a cartoon character could be seen as sexy.

Jessica Rabbit, my god - does that cause offence?

Please tell me a pair of breasts hasnt started all of this?

I suppose we all have levels of what causes offence don't we?

Its down to parents to censor what their kids see on the net - thats the bottom line.

Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of
Default Re: Why Are So Many Going Or Not Posting?

Originally Posted by hevs
OK you mean this one...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...3&page=2&pp=15

answer 24?? If you re read it Matt was just posting his views on the ridiculous view that there was no bureaucratic crap in Aus. When i read the thread i pissed myself and thought the exact same thing but couldn't be bothered. He quoted no one. PUK took it as a personal attack and ONLY then did it become heated. Re read it
I DID read it Hevs and I reckon it only became heated after HUP called PUK Dr Jekkyl and told PUK "Didn't say anything to you directly. YOU choose to read that I am arguing with you. I am not because YOU are not worth it.". Personally, if someone had said that to me I'd get pissed off too!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:24 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I just dont get it.

I read about this woman who took her kid into a pub late at night and complained people swore!!!!

I know people that merrily use the TV as a baby sitter!

If children are allowed freerange roaming over the internet, then you have to accept the side effects of that.

I know BE is for everyone, Im just saying that parts of it are not suitable for young kids.

Bad language can be posted anywhere at anytime on any site, how do you make it child friendly and how do you sort it to make it 'suitable' for different age groups?

Do we reduce the intellect to suit the average 7 year old?

I so cannot believe that a cartoon character could be seen as sexy.

Jessica Rabbit, my god - does that cause offence?

Please tell me a pair of breasts hasnt started all of this?

I suppose we all have levels of what causes offence don't we?

Its down to parents to censor what their kids see on the net - thats the bottom line.
Jessica Rabbit was the first cartoon character I fell in love with.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:25 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla1
Who were the others?
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:26 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

What about Wilma Flintstone!
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
What about Wilma Flintstone!
she was ancient
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by seang
Who were the others?
Not Bugs Bunny I hope.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:27 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

thats just scary....
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:27 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang
Who were the others?
Betty Boop, she had big bouncy jugs too and a cracking pair of legs.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:28 am
Keeping it fairly real

Originally Posted by sloake
thats just scary....
it was for Roger.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:28 am
small steps long journey

Betty Boop, she had big bouncy jugs too and a cracking pair of legs.
I see where your coming from
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Duck
You have got to draw the line somewhere, that is why I complained. It was offensive to me and my kids and she also refused to remove it herself and then put a really obscene one on today. She did not deserve a ban for the avatar itself but the fact that she flouted the rules deserved a ban. I hope when she comes back she will cover herself up.
Sorry ducky, I don't want to join the duck hunting, but you really have to get a grip on yourself. Flutter's avatar was not offensive in the least, you are welcome to your opinion off course, but this is MY opinion. There are women jogging out here in Australia who wear less than that so are you one of those mums who rolls the car because you're trying to cover juniors eyes when someone in a short skirt walks by?
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:30 am
Keeping it fairly real

Originally Posted by G'Day
Sorry ducky, I don't want to join the duck hunting, but you really have to get a grip on yourself. Flutter's avatar was not offensive in the least, you are welcome to your opinion off course, but this is MY opinion. There are women jogging out here in Australia who wear less than that so are you one of those mums who rolls the car because you're trying to cover juniors eyes when someone in a short skirt walks by?

that's what I said in a shorter version earlier
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:31 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Duck
You have got to draw the line somewhere, that is why I complained. It was offensive to me and my kids and she also refused to remove it herself and then put a really obscene one on today. She did not deserve a ban for the avatar itself but the fact that she flouted the rules deserved a ban. I hope when she comes back she will cover herself up.
Well you offended me with the title you had written under your name when I first logged on this morning which is why I complained about you.

I'm pleased to see the mod agreed with me as you've changed it now.

It was far, far worse than a pair of cartoon 'flutterscutters.'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.