Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

why is expat so addictive

why is expat so addictive

Old Nov 3rd 2004, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future
Default why is expat so addictive

Why is this expat so adictive? ever since Ive been coming on this, I just have to have to have my daily fix on expats!! Its mad. Does everyone else get this or am I going mad :
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 3:56 pm
Cotswolds to Perth

Fremantleraider will become famous soon enough
Default Re: why is expat so addictive

Originally Posted by funkybuddah
Why is this expat so adictive? ever since Ive been coming on this, I just have to have to have my daily fix on expats!! Its mad. Does everyone else get this or am I going mad :
Umm your not going mad..............
I have a look at the site to read the new posts every morning before i go 2 work then in the evening i have it up as i surf so i can read the messages as soon as they are put on here
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 4:02 pm
Cheeky

Hee, Hee, Hee!!

Not just me then?!!!

Cheeky!!!

Old Nov 3rd 2004, 4:05 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Personally I am addicted because I am a slave to my blue karma boxes ... they start so close but the points gaps get wider. I have forgotten how to post interesting or useful information and resorted to cynical karma-whoring or outright begging tactics.

<removing tongue from cheek>

British Expats is a great source of useful information with a wide variety of interesting posters and is a useful source for tasteless jokes and pictures.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 4:06 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

Why is this expat so adictive?
Because it's bloody brill.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 4:12 pm
Cheeky

Matt,

Ok Im just wondering.......why do you lurve karma sooo much?!!!

Take me for example I can take it or leave it!! (Yeah right!! LOL)
Im on hold for 24 hrs..........but soon.......Ill be ok.....(gasp, gasp, neeeed karma!! )

Cheeky!!!!

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Personally I am addicted because I am a slave to my blue karma boxes ... they start so close but the points gaps get wider. I have forgotten how to post interesting or useful information and resorted to cynical karma-whoring or outright begging tactics.

<removing tongue from cheek>

British Expats is a great source of useful information with a wide variety of interesting posters and is a useful source for tasteless jokes and pictures.

Old Nov 3rd 2004, 4:14 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough

Personally it stops me sitting under the letterbox whilst rocking :scared:

However I do wonder if I will have any other final memories of life in the UK other than with eyestrain in front of this screen

Nice to know we're not alone though!!

Philomena xx
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 4:16 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Cheeky
Matt,

Ok Im just wondering.......why do you lurve karma sooo much?!!!

Take me for example I can take it or leave it!! (Yeah right!! LOL)
Im on hold for 24 hrs..........but soon.......Ill be ok.....(gasp, gasp, neeeed karma!! )

Cheeky!!!!
I liken it to a North London dinner party ... there are some people there that will bang-on about house prices and a property market ... and that is deadly dull to me. Same with a forum and karma or another arbitrary "goodness" rating system.

I did try to stop people giving it to me but I failed so now I'm back to dishing it out for sake of fairness

Yeh, I know ... lighten up you cynical git
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 4:20 pm
Cheeky

Absolutely!! I couldnt agree more!!!!!!!

Cheeky
PS I couldnt help noticing your 'parrots in the back garden, great' LOL!!

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
I did try to stop people giving it to me but I failed so now I'm back to dishing it out for sake of fairness

Yeh, I know ... lighten up you cynical git

Old Nov 3rd 2004, 4:25 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ya funkybuddah,

Well, I guess it's one's interpretation of being 'addictive' when....

#1 you log on in the morning before getting your children's breakfast

#2 you can't go an hour without checking what's going on

#3 your husband doesn't bat a eyelid when he comes home from work and
you're on BE (AGAIN!)

#4 your bottom is taking the shape of your chair because you've sat on
it too long

#5 you're children become model kids to get in your good books
because they want what limited computer access is available to them on
the odd occasion I'm away from the computer........................

oo 'eck, HELP!!

D D
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 4:27 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

I lurve this site Its given me tons of advise and i have met some really nice people too.
It is addictive though and i get on just as much as i can...like now for instance just got up from nights and straight on the bloody thing....so if this doesnt make sense you know why!
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philian4
Personally it stops me sitting under the letterbox whilst rocking :scared:

However I do wonder if I will have any other final memories of life in the UK other than with eyestrain in front of this screen

Nice to know we're not alone though!!

Philomena xx
Hi Phil

Just made me laugh ...nice one!!

Your not going mad, I also need my daily fix

Sue x
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 4:37 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Hi ya funkybuddah,

you're on BE (AGAIN!)

it too long

oo 'eck, HELP!!

D D
Now how true is all that
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 4:37 pm
Professional Princess

I am going to attend 'Expats Anon' for my addiction that starts from 8am the minute I get into work.

The window is shrunk until suitable timing where I can keep abreast of interesting messages.

I have fun trying to imagine what you all look like ect.

I feel like I know some of you personally, and was chuffed to bits to meet some of you last Saturday.

I talk about some of you to my husband who hasnt a clue who Im talking about but now accepts you all as part of our life.

I wet my pants at what some of you have written and feel quite tearful at some of the other tales (bundy's mum, mercedes ect)

Is it a bad thing? I dont think so.

But if I am spotted sitting at my desk rocking and dribbling, then you know my computer isnt working and I cant get onto the site.

Cheers everyone

Old Nov 3rd 2004, 4:55 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Hi ya funkybuddah,

you're on BE (AGAIN!)

it too long

oo 'eck, HELP!!

D D
OMG I was too ashamed to admit all that!!!! But thanks I feel I can move on now.............what time are the Expat Anon meetings? (and do they go on for ages 'cos I can't concentrate on anything else for too long without finding myself in front of the screen again! )

Does anyone else switch to another screen quickly when they hear the Old Man's footsteps in the hall 'cos he'll realise what a saddo he married!!!?????

Phil xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.