Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why does NZ seem quicker ???

Why does NZ seem quicker ???

Old Aug 23rd 2004, 6:42 pm
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why does NZ seem quicker ???

WE got selected realy quick about 2 weeks in the pool, confirmation letter came soon after, they will let us know 6-8weeks after the letter came, then you have 4 months to lodge application,WHY is NZ process seem much easier than other countries ??? we did our first application online in was cheaper and alot easier than the paper form !!!! Who said NZ was behind in technology ???

Anyone else done it this way for NZ ???
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 6:50 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why does NZ seem quicker ???

Originally Posted by foofer
WE got selected realy quick about 2 weeks in the pool, confirmation letter came soon after, they will let us know 6-8weeks after the letter came, then you have 4 months to lodge application,WHY is NZ process seem much easier than other countries ??? we did our first application online in was cheaper and alot easier than the paper form !!!! Who said NZ was behind in technology ???

Anyone else done it this way for NZ ???
Maybe because no one wants to go there?

G
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Maybe because no one wants to go there?

G
A lot of people want to go to NZ. (have you ever lived there??). OK so it is not right for some people. I lived in NZ for 15 years, my husband is a Kiwi, my 3 boys are kiwi's and we will go back, after doing our europe travel. My oldest will go straight back into Victotia uni, fantastic uni. Everywhere has it's problems, having lived in 4 countries I see that there are always things you like and dislike about places. But just to say that 'no one wants to go there!!'
As far as the coffee thread, the only place that I have had better coffee on my travels from wellington is Italy.
Get back in your box (or should I say get out of your box) and stop being so negative.
To
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 8:55 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kaz Hen
A lot of people want to go to NZ. (have you ever lived there??). OK so it is not right for some people. I lived in NZ for 15 years, my husband is a Kiwi, my 3 boys are kiwi's and we will go back, after doing our europe travel. My oldest will go straight back into Victotia uni, fantastic uni. Everywhere has it's problems, having lived in 4 countries I see that there are always things you like and dislike about places. But just to say that 'no one wants to go there!!'
As far as the coffee thread, the only place that I have had better coffee on my travels from wellington is Italy.
Get back in your box (or should I say get out of your box) and stop being so negative.
To
Don't be so sensitive.

My post was a follow on from the other debate that is running on here at the moment.

Your reply illustrates some of the points on there perfectly.

Personally I would not live in NZ if I was paid to do so but that is another story.

So get back in your own box.

G
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 9:03 pm
Banned

Diprotodon is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't be so sensitive.

My post was a follow on from the other debate that is running on here at the moment.

Personally I would not live in NZ if I was paid to do so but that is another story.

G
Never expect a mortal to think laterally and never say never.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

Cal B is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't be so sensitive.

G
Hello Grayling.

I am interested to know why you would not live in NZ.Have you lived there before ?
Cheers!
Cal
XXX
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 9:14 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Cal B
Hello Grayling.

I am interested to know why you would not live in NZ.Have you lived there before ?
Cheers!
Cal
XXX
Cal
I have never lived there but have relatives who do.

I have travelled round NZ a fair bit and just do not like the place.

Not for me I am afraid. May suit some.

Wages are very poor, The weather is not that good and a lot of migrants struggle. Obviously some do well.

You need to see for yourself. I have seen enough of the place.

For KazHen

This is what I was on about:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ighlight=kiwis

Each to their own

G
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Grayling,
You also did not answer me, have you ever lived in NZ. I loved living there, ok the weather in a southerly was the pits, on a sunny, still day Wellington is the most beautiful city. Great resturants, theatre, living.
Talking of weather, apart from the time spent in beautiful Italy for us, summer in the midlands has got to be the worst summer I can ever remember anywhere I have lived!
Kaz
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 9:18 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling,
You also did not answer me, have you ever lived in NZ. I loved living there, ok the weather in a southerly was the pits, on a sunny, still day Wellington is the most beautiful city. Great resturants, theatre, living.
Talking of weather, apart from the time spent in beautiful Italy for us, summer in the midlands has got to be the worst summer I can ever remember anywhere I have lived!
Kaz
See above.

G
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grayling,
saw that post but didn't respond, sorry don't know your history, but do you live in UK or Aus.
I am not meaning to be rude but if you have not lived for at least a couple of years in a place can you really form a constructive and informed view on a place.
I am came back to the UK after being away for 18 years and hated it. It took me a least one year to feel settled. Still I look forward to going 'home'.
Kaz
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 9:38 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling,
saw that post but didn't respond, sorry don't know your history, but do you live in UK or Aus.
I am not meaning to be rude but if you have not lived for at least a couple of years in a place can you really form a constructive and informed view on a place.
I am came back to the UK after being away for 18 years and hated it. It took me a least one year to feel settled. Still I look forward to going 'home'.
Kaz
Kaz

My initial post was a 'tongue in Cheek' reply to the original question (following the thread I have highlighted).

I have a via for Australia because that is where my son lives.
I have been to NZ and Australia and prefer Australia.
I was not keen on NZ despite having had job offers from there.
I was first offered work in NZ over 30 years ago but declined.

I would actually be very well off in NZ because I have a lot of capital, a good pension and can work quite easily.
I did not feel it was for me.

If it suits you then that's fine.

We are all different.

Good luck

G
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply Grayling,
yes I agree each to his own. I am desperate to go back to NZ, my other half who is the born Kiwi wants to try Brissie (going to be shot down for saying that). Just born gypsies!
Cheers
Kaz
Old Aug 24th 2004, 3:05 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Don't be so sensitive.

G
That post was exactly what I was talking about on that other thread Grayling - every bloody time time NZ comes up on a thread we get some bloody smart alec like you with a witty one liner (usually along the lines of 'they have all moved to aussie' or 'because there is noone/not many people there').

No wonder people get defensive. Just give it up will you all FFS.

Anyway, re speed of process - foofer I have yet to have any confirmation how long it takes to get the PR stamp in your passport once you have submitted everything in the 4 month timeframe - it could take years!!