Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why the difference...

Why the difference...

Old Jun 30th 2008, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why the difference...

Give it a rest woman!

P.S. I didn't make excuses for my actions, I just think you are full of sh*t frankly.

Last edited by rabsody; Jun 30th 2008 at 8:47 am. Reason: too much personal info!
Old Jun 30th 2008, 8:05 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you believed in Karma????
Old Jun 30th 2008, 8:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Can we all please cut out the abusive comments and keep it polite, please.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 8:13 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
Give it a rest woman!

P.S. I didn't make excuses for my actions, I just think you are full of sh*t frankly.

P.P.S. A scenario for you .... you move to Aus with your husband and you have two very young kids in tow, it doesn't work out for whatever reason (could be that your husband beats you, your husband runs off with his secretary, or you are just not compatible), you realise Aus is not for you but you are now unable to move back due to the legalities and you are stuck in a land where you know very few people with no family, little support and with two young kids to support. You go from being a SAHM to working full time overnight. Your little kids suddenly have to be in childcare full time from 7am to 6pm. You then realise you have, oh, about 15 years ahead of you stuck in a country you don't want to be.

I know I made the choice to move here, but I did not envisage the way it was going to turn out. I thought my marriage was going to work. Thankfully my situation has improved drastically from the early days and I try and be as positive as best I can but hey, I'm only human, and if want my own private pity party from time to time then I'm going to have one. I don't need some amateur philosopher spouting some tosh about how I chose my situation, or others like me - a situation that they really cannot comprehend until they have walked in my shoes. I honestly fail to see how it helps.
Why are you justifying yourself F, this person is clearly a fruitloop who sees things in black and white rather than the colourful tapestry that life is.

You have beautiful daughters who will one day understand the sacrifices you have made for them.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Why are you justifying yourself F, this person is clearly a fruitloop who sees things in black and white rather than the colourful tapestry that life is.

You have beautiful daughters who will one day understand the sacrifices you have made for them.
Thank you NB, I appreciate your support. I shouldn't let it get to me, but I find it upsetting.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 8:27 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
Thank you NB, I appreciate your support. I shouldn't let it get to me, but I find it upsetting.
mate do not feed her, she obviously gets a kick out of upsetting you
Old Jun 30th 2008, 8:38 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

I apologised once, but will do so again, because it appears that you either didn't read it or thought I was being trite.

I apologise, unreservedly, if I've caused you any offence.

My posts were never aimed at anyone personally. The question was 'why the difference.' I just put what I believe, what works for me, and philosophy behind it.

Yes, I feel sorry for your situation, but I'm not to blame for it, I've never met you, or your family. I'm hope that day to day things aren't too dreadful, but reading between the lines you ended up with the bum deal, (which I did say earlier) the only thing you can do is play the hand you've got.... it seems to me that you have taken responsibility.... working every hour god sends to give your kids a good life, leaving a marriage that wasn't right for you, and probably, a hundred other things too.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 9:23 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

I do sympathise with Rabsody's position on this but I've read Alipally's posts carefully and do not think she is trying to offend anyone, nor is she trolling. She has an opinion which differs from that of many on this thread but that doesn't make her "wrong" and she doesn't deserve the abuse that's been flung her way.

A little live and let live peeps, please.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Jamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really nice

Ladies, Gentlemen and all other applicables...

I think it is high time we turned around and had a good hard look at ourselves. It saddens me that this forum keeps degenerating into childish bickering and personal insults.

Pretty much all of you guys have helped me, -albeit perhaps unknowingly, at some point in my journey.

The concept of this place, surely, is to share our thoughts, experiences, pleasures, pitfalls and downfalls, and gain experience and support from others who have been there, and done that; whilst giving support and advice to others who are about to be there, and do that.

If you don't like what someone says, and especially if they are some small minded troll from the deepest depths of gloom, doom, despair and unpleasantness... please IGNORE them. Don't give them the pleasure of biting their bait.

Help those who appreciate your help, offer your help to all, but if they don't want it, and turn it back on you, drop them like a lead balloon.

Life is too short to waste your time on these petty w***ers.

J
Old Jun 30th 2008, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

cazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to all

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
I do sympathise with Rabsody's position on this but I've read Alipally's posts carefully and do not think she is trying to offend anyone, nor is she trolling. She has an opinion which differs from that of many on this thread but that doesn't make her "wrong" and she doesn't deserve the abuse that's been flung her way.

A little live and let live peeps, please.
My sentiments exactly....I have raised this very point in previous posts and this was why I asked that a moderator monitor the situation.

It is sad to witness the sheer nastiness getting thrown Alipally's way - simply because her opinion differs to that of the majority.

A bit more fair play wouldn't go amiss......

Last edited by cazzamia; Jun 30th 2008 at 7:59 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 11:42 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cazzamia
It is sad to witness the sheer nastiness getting thrown Alipally's way - simply because her opinion differs to that of the majority.

Thats not it at all. Her opinion in the main is insulting to anyone with an ounce of rational thought. We all know that we are responsible for own actions, like dur!? BUT, like a lot of lifes nasty surprises, no one plans for them and NO ONE else knows how they will deal with it until it actually happens to them, so in this instance banging on about responsibility blah blah is quite frankly tasteless and somewhat fanatical im my opinion.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 12:09 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Thats not it at all. Her opinion in the main is insulting to anyone with an ounce of rational thought.
This isn't true, there are plenty of rational thinkers here who can appreciate what he/she is saying, including myself.

Yet, at the same time, I can sympathise with the situation that Rabsody and others may be in.

The real issue here is that many of the responses to Allipally's comments are emotionally charged first and foremost, leaving the rational thought to come second and fill in the gaps. Or maybe not make an appearance at all.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 11:07 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hevs
Thats not it at all. Her opinion in the main is insulting to anyone with an ounce of rational thought.
Perhaps that is so. But for those of us with more than an ounce, it is perfectly tolerable.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Jamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really nice

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
Perhaps that is so. But for those of us with more than an ounce, it is perfectly tolerable.
I don't have any thought at all, which is why I'm wondering what all the fuss is about! :-)

Smile people FFS.

J
Old Jul 1st 2008, 12:23 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

Originally Posted by Jamiem

Smile people FFS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.