Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why is Australia the most popular spot for expats?

Why is Australia the most popular spot for expats?

Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:28 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why is Australia the most popular spot for expats?

Originally Posted by eddie007
the page at the back of the book where you look up the cost of the items featured?
Oh, they are handy ... Right, Easy Access To The USA then ... So, let's move to another country so we can visit another? Nah ... Unless yer a suicide bomber I guess ... OK, I'm still comfortable with my decision ...
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Oh, they are handy ... Right, Easy Access To The USA then ... So, let's move to another country so we can visit another? Nah ... Unless yer a suicide bomber I guess ... OK, I'm still comfortable with my decision ...
What decision?
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:33 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The husband was born here. I didn't marry someone born in Canada and regardless of the beauty and possible warmth in summer there is no way on god's or anyone else's earth I could live anywhere with so much fricking white cold stuff. It ain't normal.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:35 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

What decision?
To accept the offer to go wine-tasting in France, to get an Aussie Visa, to get on the plane, to buy a house here, to not buy a 3D TV, that kind of thing ...
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

timmy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it is because opposites attract?

I mean why is Perth so popular? But you think about it, it is almost the exact
opposite of say London. Constant clear Blue skies, wide Open spaces etc...

That and Australia is Kinda like Britain in the sun in a way. I mean Aussies still
play Cricket, drive on the same side of the road and so forth

As Canada may be a little toooo different for some. Its much more closer to the U.S in a lot of ways than the U.k

I think also there has been a lot more Early immigration of Uk migrants to Australia than that of Canada. This has a flow on effect. Like most people in the U.K would know someone that has moved to OZ and has heard good things.
Where knowing someone that has moved to Canada is rarer?

Well these are just some of my theories
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:39 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
The husband was born here. I didn't marry someone born in Canada and regardless of the beauty and possible warmth in summer there is no way on god's or anyone else's earth I could live anywhere with so much fricking white cold stuff. It ain't normal.
I worked with a guy from Edmonton, he was stuck in Essex with a wife who refused to give Canada a go ... He hankered for the wide open spaces and compensated by buying expensive home audio equipment, a sad case ... I hope they split and he has found inner peace.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Think you hit the nail on the head there mate.. Sums up australias pull over canada in one short sentence

Canada is much closer to the USA
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:42 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I worked with a guy from Edmonton, he was stuck in Essex with a wife who refused to give Canada a go ... He hankered for the wide open spaces and compensated by buying expensive home audio equipment, a sad case ... I hope they split and he has found inner peace.
I might, just might, change my mind if I was stuck in a box in Essex but maybe not. Poor bloke.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:47 pm
Mostly Harmless

I might, just might, change my mind if I was stuck in a box in Essex but maybe not. Poor bloke.
It was a relatively nice bit, he did commute from there to deepest Kent every day which is no picnic ... I can't imagine his pain ...
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Johnkim1, are you Timmy 22 or weebie?
i'm confused
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:56 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Johnkim1, are you Timmy 22 or weebie?
i'm confused
Have another carrot and cointreau, it'll help. Not a lot, but it will help.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Have another carrot and cointreau, it'll help. Not a lot, but it will help.
Arhhhh, i understand clearly now...

I'll look busy, say nothing... You can count on me to keep me mouth shut
Old Sep 12th 2011, 1:04 pm
Mostly Harmless

Arhhhh, i understand clearly now...

I'll look busy, say nothing... You can count on me to keep me mouth shut
Where is the fun in that?
Old Sep 12th 2011, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Where is the fun in that?
But this is the SERIOUS section of the australian forum, we're not allowed to have fun in here...

Rule 789b subsection27 second paragraph to be precise
Old Sep 12th 2011, 1:13 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

But this is the SERIOUS section of the australian forum, we're not allowed to have fun in here...

Rule 789b subsection27 second paragraph to be precise
Bugger, not read that one. Now where did I put the book?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.