Why Australia ?

Old Aug 15th 2005, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

jo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant future
Default Why Australia ?

Has anyone ever consider other areas to live in the world, why did you choose australia?

I think that Canada was 2nd on my list, but it would be nice to hear your thoughts.

Jo
Old Aug 15th 2005, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all
Default Re: Why Australia ?

Originally Posted by jo_west
Has anyone ever consider other areas to live in the world, why did you choose australia?

I think that Canada was 2nd on my list, but it would be nice to hear your thoughts.

Jo
Done Canada, done UK to death, USA too hard and the visa is crap, why not give Oz a try!
Old Aug 15th 2005, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

They play silly sports in Canada and the beer is rubbish.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by karenjc
They play silly sports in Canada and the beer is rubbish.

Have you ever been to a live hockey game, I dont think you would say it was silly, and the beer is cold, what more does it have to be
Old Aug 15th 2005, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

jo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wildmark
Have you ever been to a live hockey game, I dont think you would say it was silly, and the beer is cold, what more does it have to be
All sports are great, and I would love to watch a hockey game, Do you have to speak French to get into Canada?
Old Aug 15th 2005, 6:37 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

All sports are great, and I would love to watch a hockey game, Do you have to speak French to get into Canada?
No either English or French. You get more points if you can speak both though.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

The beer may be cold but it's still way to gassy. Will admit hockey's not to bad ( only when they start fighting mind you )
Old Aug 15th 2005, 6:40 pm
BLC

Jo
Married an Ozzie . . next time I will try a Italian

Old Aug 15th 2005, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

because i was born in aus and lived there til i was nearly 10 which makes things alot easier but mostly because its beautiful and the lifestyle is so relaxed and the sun shines
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:01 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lawlaw
because i was born in aus and lived there til i was nearly 10 which makes things alot easier but mostly because its beautiful and the lifestyle is so relaxed and the sun shines
Can vouch for 'because its beautiful and the lifestyle is so relaxed and the sun shines '

Wish I was born there tho!
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

margoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Well ... done the UK (and counting the days when I can leave). Gave ZA a thought - but I think I couldn't get used to a life behind electric fences. Canada is certainly on my list... perhaps later - when I've developed skincancer
So why Australia? I don't know... apart from the space, the eucalyptus smell, the sun, the outback, the people, the climate, the beaches and the lifestyle there isn't really very much I can think about...

Margoo - heading off to SA in a few short months!!!
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

Jo
Actually, we weren't considering Australia at all. In fact, 18 months ago I would have put it as last on my list of places I wanted to live in. Then my SIL moved their and all she could talk about was how wonderful it was and she made us promise to go and see it. We did, in December, and loved it, especially Melbourne, came back and decided to make the move.

We also considered Canada, but a friend of ours spent some time there and said the winters are very harsh and the thought of shovelling snow for five months of the year and having to change tyres each winter to snow tyres didn't appeal. I have to admit that I don;t know if that is the case for all of canada.

The one thing that worries us is the remoteness of Australia - it really is the arse-end of the world. No really, look at the atlas - arse-end, I tell you. But we are trying hard not to think of that and are thinking of all that Australia is going to offer us to help us overcome our feeling of isolation.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Storini will become famous soon enoughStorini will become famous soon enough

One of the few alternative areas which held my attention for a while was Southern France. At Sofia Antipolis just outside Nice, there are a lot of multinational technology firms in a high-tech cluster, e.g. Amadeus flight reservations http://www.amadeus.com/index.jsp . Working language is almost invariably (international!) English so no problem there. I like the Frogs, and the Med climate is excellent. Main problems were housing costs, and traffic is bad in summer. Definitely worth a look if it could be you...
Old Aug 15th 2005, 8:21 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Never fancied living anywhere other than Oz.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Can vouch for 'because its beautiful and the lifestyle is so relaxed and the sun shines '

Wish I was born there tho!
I know lucky me eh, been reading your reccie post and loved it, im so excited.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.