WHV age change

Old Oct 13th 2016, 7:26 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHV age change

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I haven't managed to find anything official either, although have looked a couple of times.
From ScoMo himself:
Press Conference, Canberra | The Hon Scott Morrison MP
Old Oct 13th 2016, 10:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen acouple of references on agent's sites, and in speeches like the other link you posted. But what we are after is an official link to DIBP policy updates - such as the one in Veronika's post which at least is an official fact sheet.I expected to see it mentioned on there. At present I can only find passing mentions in publicity material and it sounds like Bermudashorts has the same issue.
Old Oct 13th 2016, 11:39 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I've seen acouple of references on agent's sites, and in speeches like the other link you posted. But what we are after is an official link to DIBP policy updates - such as the one in Veronika's post which at least is an official fact sheet.I expected to see it mentioned on there. At present I can only find passing mentions in publicity material and it sounds like Bermudashorts has the same issue.

ScoMo is the man
Old Oct 13th 2016, 12:25 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu

ScoMo is the man
Its still only a speech though

Point is, if someone asks for the rules of a WHV so that they canapply, its best tolink to the official DIBP site - at the moment press releases and speeches are the best we have; the most official source so far is Veronika's link to the info sheet and that doesn't mention the age increas (surprisingly).
I prefer not to link to info on individual agent's sites, unless I now the info is mirrored on the DIBP site- and as yet the age increase isnt! Its odd, but I guess we have to wait......

Incidentally, when I mentioned the age increase at work, everyone assumed it just meant more backpackers picking fruit.......errrr no, office jobs etc all qualify, and in Queensland that includes temporary contracts with the state government. Suddenly people started realising the implications. We have staff at work with partners who are unemployed because they are fighting with younger people to get jobs. An influx of even more young people is being viewed as reinforcing the ageist nature of the Aussie workplace.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Veronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond repute

Re. the increase in age, the Treasurer mentioned it here. This is the only place I have so far been able to find "official" confirmation of the age increase:

http://sjm.ministers.treasury.gov.au...ript/139-2016/
Old Nov 20th 2016, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Any update on this? I've seen articles in the press recently confirming the increase in the age to 35 from 1 January, but that seems at odds with the DIBP page which says "The Government is considering options for expanding the upper age of eligibility from 30 to 35 years, including timeframes, legislative requirements and engagement with partner countries. Reciprocity of arrangements for Australian citizens remains a key feature of the programme. The current age of eligibility (18 to 30) will remain in place for the time being".
Old Nov 20th 2016, 9:53 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

To my knowledge it's only a proposal at the moment and haven't even been passed through the lower houses. Unlikely to in effect in anytime soon, if ever, as said, it's just a proposal and media ran with it
Old Nov 20th 2016, 10:37 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by teza
To my knowledge it's only a proposal at the moment and haven't even been passed through the lower houses. Unlikely to in effect in anytime soon, if ever, as said, it's just a proposal and media ran with it
Agreed.I've not managed to dig up anything official either.
Old Nov 25th 2016, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

1982rey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, Let me ask you a question: When do you think the new age limit will be implemented ? In January 2017 or in July 2017 ?
Old Nov 25th 2016, 7:41 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1982rey
Hi guys, Let me ask you a question: When do you think the new age limit will be implemented ? In January 2017 or in July 2017 ?
Honestly, your guess is as good as anyone else's. Are you over 30 and wanting to apply for a 417? I know it's hard when you want to push ahead with plans but there hasn't been anything official released as yet, so there's not really anything anyone can tell you.

Hopefully won't be long before DIBP releases this information.
Old Nov 25th 2016, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

spouse of scouse: Yes, I am 34 and I will be 35 on 20th January of 2017 , so I am waiting and checking every day all the inmigration s webs and of course, DIBP page.
I am from Argentina and my job is vehicle painter. I need to be in Australia for doing the RPL of my trade. And then I will try to look for a 457 visa or the 489 visa sponsorship by Adelaide.I can't do the visa from Argentina because TRA said me I need to have a formal qualification of vehicle painter and there is no official school where to study that in my country. ( sorry for my bad English )
Old Nov 25th 2016, 7:55 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Your English is much, much better than my Spanish!

Sorry that I couldn't help you, I hope things work out for you. Best of luck.
Old Nov 25th 2016, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

spouse of scouse: Thanks for that !!!
Good luck for you too. It has been two and a half years since my wife, my 9 years old daughter and I took the desition of going to live in Australia, and we spend all the day trying to find the way to do it.
It is very hard when you live in a country from the third world as mine. But we are not going to give up !!!
Old Nov 29th 2016, 5:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1982rey
spouse of scouse: Thanks for that !!!
Good luck for you too. It has been two and a half years since my wife, my 9 years old daughter and I took the desition of going to live in Australia, and we spend all the day trying to find the way to do it.
It is very hard when you live in a country from the third world as mine. But we are not going to give up !!!
Don't give up indeed. Hope it works out for you.