Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who's got a Personalised plate?

Who's got a Personalised plate?

Old May 10th 2007, 11:57 am

oddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really niceoddsinoz is just really nice
Default Re: Who's got a Personalised plate?

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
My son has TOBY as his plate................then Mick got me one for my birthday. The first bit is ok...........SJO..........its the last bit that I am not sure about ..............64.

So the plate reads SJO 64
OMG those are my initials and two years short of my birth year
Old May 10th 2007, 12:12 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Ours is LIAM1 after hubby.
Our youngest is called Liam too and his teacher thought we'd got the number plate because of him!
Old May 10th 2007, 1:17 pm
Living the dream!

crystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud of

I've got MANDI8 on order for my birthday on Sunday. MANDI 'cause it's my name and the 8 because that was the only number left but that is how old my son is.
Old May 10th 2007, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

My son has TOBY as his plate
Pity his name is Dave then!
Old May 10th 2007, 2:10 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
When we get to WA I've asked my OH to get me one. I want a white background with red writing that says "Canuck4".
Hey! I was gonna get IBCanuck...LOL Just for laughs *The Newfie version of "I am Canadian"*

That, or if I really wanted to be patriotic, I'd get Je me Souviens

Siren
Old May 10th 2007, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

My son has TOBY as his plate................then Mick got me one for my birthday. The first bit is ok...........SJO..........its the last bit that I am not sure about ..............64.

So the plate reads SJO 64
Sandra I think you great for 64

John xx
Old May 10th 2007, 4:01 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Question?

For some personalised plates you pay $500 a year every year you have it - yes? or more and that is after you pay the purchase price?

I am looking for one I only have to pay the normal reg. Or is my understanding only for NSW? I know a lady who worked in the DVLA and she was always being bothered for numbers which had 6's in for the chinese but they only release in order.

Cheers

Sorry not DVLA - I meant RTA

Last edited by Sandra; May 10th 2007 at 4:03 pm. Reason: Heart still in UK
Old May 10th 2007, 6:24 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Lots in QLD for $2,000 i.e

http://www.ppq.com.au/CheckCombination.aspx?c=MY+WIFE
Old May 10th 2007, 9:17 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sandra
Question?

For some personalised plates you pay $500 a year every year you have it - yes? or more and that is after you pay the purchase price?

I am looking for one I only have to pay the normal reg. Or is my understanding only for NSW? I know a lady who worked in the DVLA and she was always being bothered for numbers which had 6's in for the chinese but they only release in order.

Cheers

Sorry not DVLA - I meant RTA
once you buy your plate thats all you pay. Then your normal rego
Old May 10th 2007, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

It depends which state you're in. In QLD you pay a one off fee from between $395 for 3 letters and 2 or 3 numbers to about $2095 for ones with more letters e.g. a name (www.ppq.com.au). In other states you pay a fee to get the plate and a couple of hundred dollars a year to keep the plate.

I've got plates with my initials and fave number (day I was born) in royal blue to match my car with white writing. Folks back home were v. jealous!
Old May 10th 2007, 10:23 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Hey! I was gonna get IBCanuck...LOL Just for laughs *The Newfie version of "I am Canadian"*

That, or if I really wanted to be patriotic, I'd get Je me Souviens

Siren
I like the IBCanuck. If they charge by the letter I could get IBCDN instead.
Old May 10th 2007, 10:24 pm
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice

I've got AFC but no car to put it on
Old May 10th 2007, 11:38 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkley23
It depends which state you're in. In QLD you pay a one off fee from between $395 for 3 letters and 2 or 3 numbers to about $2095 for ones with more letters e.g. a name (www.ppq.com.au). In other states you pay a fee to get the plate and a couple of hundred dollars a year to keep the plate.

I've got plates with my initials and fave number (day I was born) in royal blue to match my car with white writing. Folks back home were v. jealous!

oh bugger another NSW rip off - I can get my son and daughters names or close too but they want the initial set up charge and then over $400 a year every year to use them and if I do not put them on a car I have to pay an additional fee to store them!

I had also considered them as a birthday present for hubby but seems a bit off saying here are your plates now pay $500 a year to use them
Old May 10th 2007, 11:42 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Chasers War - W*nker Plates

Last edited by MartinLuther; May 11th 2007 at 1:00 am.
Old May 10th 2007, 11:42 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking about getting one of these for the new 4x4
Attached Thumbnails Who's got a Personalised plate?-bfs_noplate.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.