Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whos bread is the biggest?

Whos bread is the biggest?

Old Feb 20th 2004, 3:24 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Whos bread is the biggest?

Now....im kind of hoping that i can settle a conflab the wife and i have been having.

I am sure i remember British slices being bigger than the ones here. Just on a standard loaf. They seem tiny to me here, but the gaffers sure they are bigger than back home.

What do you guys reckon?

If someone still in the UK is sad enough could you whip out a rule and measure a slice? Not sandwich bread, just the regular stuff.

Cheers

Pete.
Old Feb 20th 2004, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

Lany is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Whos bread is the biggest?

Originally posted by PeteY
Now....im kind of hoping that i can settle a conflab the wife and i have been having.

I am sure i remember British slices being bigger than the ones here. Just on a standard loaf. They seem tiny to me here, but the gaffers sure they are bigger than back home.

What do you guys reckon?

If someone still in the UK is sad enough could you whip out a rule and measure a slice? Not sandwich bread, just the regular stuff.

Cheers

Pete.
They are bigger in the uk from what I an remember. Bread here is crap, no matter what brand we buy it goes off within a day and all mouldy
Old Feb 20th 2004, 3:28 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Lany
They are bigger in the uk from what I an remember. Bread here is crap, no matter what brand we buy it goes off within a day and all mouldy
The soy and linseed is nice.

You don't get that in the UK
Old Feb 20th 2004, 3:30 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

No loafing PeteY:

British Bakeries: Why have the slices in Hovis Country Grain become thicker?
Old Feb 20th 2004, 3:31 am
owieb

. Bread here is crap, no matter what brand we buy it goes off within a day and all mouldy
I get bread from bakers delight and that's really nice, lasts for several days as well. I tend to go for nice wholemeal block with seseame seed.

Old Feb 20th 2004, 3:32 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

DoH!

Put it in the fridge or freezer; buy schinkenbrot / roggenbrot - rye.

Make your own?
Old Feb 20th 2004, 3:33 am
ABCDiamond

Ours seem to last about 3 days.

And just for the sake of it are 12cm x 11.5cms per slice. 700gm per loaf and cost 95c per loaf. Thats in a fruit and veg shop east of Brisbane.

I've just gone over a 1000 posts !!!

Old Feb 20th 2004, 3:34 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
DoH!

Put it in the fridge or freezer; buy schinkenbrot / roggenbrot - rye.

Make your own?
The Turkish bread is great too. Big and flat, pop a chunk on the barbie to soak up all the meat juices.

Lovely.

Goes mouldy quick mind you...
Old Feb 20th 2004, 3:35 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Im with renth, the soy and linseed is my fave. $3.50 a pop though!

Lany....i reckon you should change bakers! Our bread keeps at least 2-3 days, then its still fine for toast for another day or two.
Old Feb 20th 2004, 4:01 am
Badge

as I've just said in another post, my bread has been going for 2 weeks and fair dinkum it is fine, like a bread a day old in the UK. I can't work it out!

badge

Old Feb 20th 2004, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by badgersmount
as I've just said in another post, my bread has been going for 2 weeks and fair dinkum it is fine, like a bread a day old in the UK. I can't work it out!

badge
Badge will you leave the wife's cotton wool alone!
Old Feb 20th 2004, 6:47 am
Banned

Originally posted by badgersmount

badge
Most people find they can not work it out if they eat too much of that kind of bread.
Old Feb 20th 2004, 7:18 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Make your own?
Ohhhh Yes!!! In Typical Aussie Wife style... Make your own bread and cakes .

I haven't noticed the size difference, just the price!!!!

Quilts, tupperware, bread and cake baking and enyo (is that how they spell it!?)
:scared:
Old Feb 20th 2004, 8:27 am
Banned

$2 / 4 loaves = $0.5 / 750 g loaf:
1. Add ingredients - 1 minute,
2. Come back in 3 hours at the bing, remove loaf - 1 minute,
3. Eat.

Bread Makers
Old Feb 20th 2004, 8:36 am
Seriously Senior Member

Blim is an unknown quantity at this point

$2 / 4 loaves = $0.5 / 750 g loaf:
1. Add ingredients - 1 minute,
2. Come back in 3 hours at the bing, remove loaf - 1 minute,
3. Eat.

Bread Makers
Gets the house a bit hot though... :scared: (Larissa is too lazy to log on and off today)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.