Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whoops..another points increase????????

Whoops..another points increase????????

Old Jun 4th 2004, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

bettytweena is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whoops..another points increase????????

Just posted this on immigration bit, but not many reading so..........

Hi all

After the recent points increase that bulldozed the chances of many people of gaining 136 indep PR visas, can anyone forsee any further points increases, for instance, for spouse skills, extra bond contributions etc?

The reason I ask is that the new SIR visa will only be suitable for some, but not all potential migrants who were wiped out by the points increase from 115 to 120. Won't this mean an overall drop in applications? When the government realise this, won't they want to do something about it?

We have an opportunity of ENS, but would feel much happier going over in a couple of years with a PR visa (although I am aware we are lucky having this option at present), as family circumstances make it difficult for us to go in the next few months.

It appears that so many 'skilled' people, who the government want to attract, because they are over 30, simply cannot accumulate the 120 points needed without a relative to sponsor them.

Oh well guys, hopefully by the end of the year, there may be better news............or maybe not!!!!!!!!

Good luck to everyone waiting for news.............
Old Jun 4th 2004, 8:04 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bettyweena

here is a post that has some of the possible offsets in regard to the points increase and potential drop in the number of 136 PR visa's.Hope points made in post will come in to effect to some extent to help those dumped by the points increase.(read Alan Colletts views highlighted in blue)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=234184

Last edited by seang; Jun 4th 2004 at 8:06 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

bettytweena is an unknown quantity at this point

seang

Thanks for that........cheered me up no end!!!

Any chance of a points increase going forward is good news (to allocate extra points, I mean- not increase them totally!!!!!!).
Anything to avoid a messy court battle over a 15 yer old would be most welcome at present..............a wait for a PR application is just what is needed.

A couple of months ago, I would have NEVER felt positive about an increase in points allocation........what a difference a day, week, month (2 months) makes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good weekend everyone.

Originally posted by seang
Hi Bettyweena

here is a post that has some of the possible offsets in regard to the points increase and potential drop in the number of 136 PR visa's.Hope points made in post will come in to effect to some extent to help those dumped by the points increase.(read Alan Colletts views highlighted in blue)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=234184