Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tender Hooks?!!!!!!!!!!!

Tender Hooks?!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jun 4th 2004, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

aroyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tender Hooks?!!!!!!!!!!!

This whole thing bites.. We applied 12/1/03 and didn't seem to care till we received our meds and PCC request on 12/5 , sent them over on 19/5 and now seem more confused than ever.

Should we think about sale of property, kid's schooling, job quitting yet or just wait for everything until we actually receive the grant... .

Would it be too much on us to start winding up only after we get the grant as we really want to hit OZ by nov'04 as schools start in Jan and that will give us enough time to scout around and settle down.

Please post some replies, people!!!!!!!! I would be relieved.

Thanks...........

If there is no wind, rowIf there is no wind, row :scared:
Old Jun 4th 2004, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tender Hooks?!!!!!!!!!!!

In my opinion put your property on the market now! i work in an estate agents and things quieten down during the summer months although at least you know the viewers will be serious!
It would seem that once meds and pccs. are requested then things move pretty quickly and believe me November isn't that far away!
good luck with whatever you decide
Rach x
Old Jun 4th 2004, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all

You sound just like me!!!!!!!! only we have had notification that our Visas have been granted and we are waiting for our letter so we can post on to Australia House. We have to validate by 30/03/05.

We are planning on having the house on the market by end of July and are going on a validation trip on 24th December, spending Christmas Day in Hong Kong airport (nice - well 6 hours anyway). My husband is hoping we will have everything sorted by then and we won't have to use our return ticket.

Most schools take kids all through the year, but I agree with you, having time to settle while the kids are off school would be nice.

I would make some enquiries with your local estate agents and see how property is moving. Maybe rent for 6 months and take it from there. Do you have an area in mind to go and live? Check it out on the web, you can look for houses to buy or rent. All the schools have websites to look at. Go on the GoMatilda website, you can access school website from there. Its an extremely informative site.

Best of luck, its scarey. scarey, scarey :scared: :scared: :scared:

Jo
Old Jun 4th 2004, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by nosuchluck
In my opinion put your property on the market now! i work in an estate agents and things quieten down during the summer months although at least you know the viewers will be serious!
It would seem that once meds and pccs. are requested then things move pretty quickly and believe me November isn't that far away!
good luck with whatever you decide
Rach x

Hey Rach,

Thanks a Bunch!! Tell me one more thing, what is the average time it takes for the grant to get thru and what are the chances...

Happy Weekend
Old Jun 4th 2004, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by steve-n-jo
You sound just like me!!!!!!!! only we have had notification that our Visas have been granted and we are waiting for our letter so we can post on to Australia House. We have to validate by 30/03/05.

We are planning on having the house on the market by end of July and are going on a validation trip on 24th December, spending Christmas Day in Hong Kong airport (nice - well 6 hours anyway). My husband is hoping we will have everything sorted by then and we won't have to use our return ticket.

Most schools take kids all through the year, but I agree with you, having time to settle while the kids are off school would be nice.

I would make some enquiries with your local estate agents and see how property is moving. Maybe rent for 6 months and take it from there. Do you have an area in mind to go and live? Check it out on the web, you can look for houses to buy or rent. All the schools have websites to look at. Go on the GoMatilda website, you can access school website from there. Its an extremely informative site.

Best of luck, its scarey. scarey, scarey :scared: :scared: :scared:

You bet!!!!!!! Thanks for the whole lot of info,I guess its part of the "migration psychology".. well will put my home on sale now and by the way... can you tell me when you sent your meds over and when you received the grant?
Thanks.

Happy Weekend!!!!!

Jo
Old Jun 4th 2004, 9:25 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by aroyan
Hey Rach,

Thanks a Bunch!! Tell me one more thing, what is the average time it takes for the grant to get thru and what are the chances...

Happy Weekend
THINGS R LOOKIN ROSIE!!!!!

hiya...... If ya scored an A at ure meds.....they dont need to be sent to the HAS..... and if ure police checks r ok...

I would say you will hear pretty soon..... around 23rd june..... with postage..... takes around 6 days to arrive...

I would also get ure property on the market...... a sale usually takes upto 12 weeks..... that gives ya 2 months to find a buyer....

unfortunatley it took us....6 months......

love boomie
xx